Amrita School Of Engineering Admissions 2018
Established Year: 1994
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (Amrita University) is a private university spread across India in the states of Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka. Its headquarters are at Ettimadai, approximately 22 kilometers from Coimbatore. The university offers bachelors, masters, and doctoral degree programs in computer science, engineering, business, biotechnology, nanotechnology, ayurveda, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, dentistry, social work, communication, education, and basic sciences. Areas of specialization, such as medial informatics, computational engineering, cyber security, clinical research and oncology, have been designed in keeping with the National Development Plans of India. 18,000 students are enrolled in nearly 100 degree programs.
CENTRAL LIBRARY is proud to be one of the best libraries in India with a carpet area of 81,000 sq feet. Library is a knowledge repository with its wide selection of books, periodicals, journals-both Indian and international, audio- video material and electronic databases. Adoption of modern IT tools has enabled the Central Library to leapfrog into the big league in a short span of time.
The hostels are within walking distance from the business school. There are seven hostel complexes to house students from various institutes in the campus. Following are the hostels for management students in the campus: Boys : The Vyasa Maharshi Bhavanam provides single room accommodation for the Postgraduate students. Girls : Single room accommodations provided to the students at the New PG Girls Hostel .A modern central kitchen operates in the campus. Pure vegetarian food prepared under hygienic conditions at this central kitchen is served in the student dining halls and the canteens.We attach great significance to the nature of life-style on the campus. Intake of tobacco in any form and any other intoxicants is strictly prohibited. The serene location, modern amenities and the presence of a large body of students from sister institutions provide a distinctive atmosphere to the Ettimadai Campus.
- Campus-wide computing and networking infrastructure design.
- Hosting the campus network operations centre and network services.
- Administration of computer labs.
- Conduct of IT Training programs.
- Technical support to all departments on IT enabled services.
- Maintenance of all hardware and software systems.
- Maintenance of learning resource facilities.
Amrita School Of Engineering Admission, Eligibility, Application Process
NAAC Grade: A
B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Chemical Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 4 Years
Amrita School Of Engineering Admissions 2017
Why Join AMRITA school of engineering :
- Ranked 50th among ‘Top 100 Engineering Institutes for Research and Teaching’ in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (MHRD) in 2016
- Placements provide with reputed companies
- Scholarship provide to meritorious and deserving students for M.Tech program
- Constituent schools of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- AICTE approved
- International linkages, tie-ups and memorandum of understanding for joint research, collaborative programs, internships, etc
- Opportunity to participate in ‘Semester Abroad’ program amongst more than 60 foreign universities across Europe, US and Asia
- Research articles published by faculty in highly reputed national and international journals
- Faculty including Ph.D holders with rich experience from leading organizations and universities
- Organizes various national and international conferences, seminars, workshops, colloquia, contests, training programs, etc.
Amrita School Of Engineering Admissions 2018
Active and dynamic placement cell which aims at developing the overall personality and competency of the students Organises training programmes for students to ensure excellent performance in the highly competitive recruitment processes Provides soft skills, english language skills and aptitude training
Some highlights of the placements have been
- Hewlette Packard
- IBM India
- Apollo Tyres
- Asian Paints
- Bank of Baroda
Organising campus recruitments Arranging internship and In-Plant training with leading companies Organizing Industry Specific Training Programs Establishing and maintaining effective corporate relations Making available counseling and career development services to students Conducting coaching classes for CAT, GATE, GRE, IES etc in the campus.
Amrita School Of Engineering Admissions 2018
ADMISSION & SELECTION PROCEDURE Admission is based on merit (marks/grades obtained in the qualifying examination-refer the Eligibility Norms) and availability of seats.
AMRITA schol of Engineering Entrance Exam 2018
About the Exam:
AEEE 2018 Application Form will be released from 1st December 2017. The Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination is also known by the AEEE 2018. This exam is a university level entrance exam, which is managed by the Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (Amrita University). It offers admission in four year degree course in engineering (B.Tech). Through this entrance examination, candidates can get admission in its three campuses, i.e. Amritapuri (Kollam), Bengaluru and Ettimadai (Coimbatore) and Vengal (Chennai). AEEE is conducted on an all India basis. Here, candidates can get complete details about AEEE 2018 exam including application form, pattern, syllabus, admit card, etc.
AEEE Exam Dates
AEEE exam dates are given below including all necessary events of the examination:
|Commencement of application sales (OMR and Online)||1st December 2017|
|Last date for receiving application (OMR and Online)||31st March 2018|
|Computer based Test (CBT)-Online||19th April to 22nd April 2018|
|Pen and Paper based test (P & P)||28th April 2018|
|Declaration of AEEE 2018 rank||5th May 2018|
AEEE Application Form 2018
To apply for AEEE 2018, candidates have to follow the procedure given below:
- Candidates can apply both via online or offline mode.
- Candidates can choose the mode for filling up the AEEE 2018 application form.
- The application form will be released from 1st December 2017.
- Fill your all personal, educational & other details.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature in a JPG/JPEG format. The size of both the images should be 20 KB.
- The dimension of scanned images is 3.5 cm (W) x 4.5 cm (H) (photograph) and 3.5 cm (W) x 1.5 cm (H) (Signature).
- Printed OMR Application Forms of AEEE 2018 can be obtained from the list of Head Post Offices, Dhanlaxmi Banks and Federal Banks.
- You can take out the print out of the application form for further process.
- For online payment, candidates can use Net Banking/ debit/credit card.
- For offline, candidates can pay via Demand Draft (DD).
- The demand draft should be drawn in the name of “Amrita School of Engineering” payable at “Coimbatore”.
- The application fee for AEEE 2018 will be Rs. 1000/-.
- The fee is non-refundable.
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria will get eligible for admission to the first year of 4 year B.Tech. Programmes through counselling, based on their ranks in the Entrance Examination. Here is the eligibility criteria for the AEEE 2018:
- Age Limit: Candidates must have born on or after the 1st July 1997.
- Qualification: Candidates must have cleared the Intermediate or equivalent from recognized university/board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate should have individually scored 55% marks in each subject and 60% aggregate in PCM.
- Appearing candidates can also apply for this exam.
- Minimum eligibility for management quota is 80% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
AEEE Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The AEEE 2018 will be conducted in two separate modes, i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT) and Pen & Paper Based Test (P&P).
- CBT will be conducted in 3 time slots per day in multiple cities all over the Country.
- P&P Test will be conducted from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM in all major cities in the states of Karnataka, Kerala and Tamilnadu.
- No of Questions: There are 100 objective type questions will be asked in the examination.
- Duration: The duration of the entrance exam will be 2 ½ hours.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of total 300 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer 3 marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted. If more than one answer is indicated against a question, it will be treated as “incorrect answer” and 1 mark will be deducted from the total score.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English language only.
AEEE syllabus 2018 contains the topics from three subjects, i.e. Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The syllabus will be based on Class 11th & Class 12th subjects. All the subjects cover various topics which are mentioned below:
Syllabus for Chemistry:
- Hydrocarbons, haloalkanes and haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Polymers and biomolecules
- Aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids and amines
- Environmental chemistry
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Basic concepts
- Atomic structure, chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Electrochemistry, kinetics and surface chemistry
- Equilibrium and thermodynamics
- Solid state and solutions
- S – block elements
- D, f – block elements
- P – block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Basic organic chemistry and techniques
Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- The straight line and pair of straight lines
- Circles and Family of Circles
- Two Dimensional Geometry
- Conic Sections
- Vector Algebra
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Complex Numbers
- Linear Inequalities
- Permutations and Combination
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Matrices and Determinants
- Quadratic Equations
- Relations and Functions
- Differential Calculus
Syllabus for Physics:
- Electrostatics, current electricity and magnetostatics
- Electromagnetic induction and electromagnetic wave
- Oscillations and waves
- Units and dimensions
- Solids and fluids
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Ray and wave optics
- Modern physics
AMRITA SCCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
Tamil Nadu 641112, India
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website:https://www.amrita.edu/