Amrita University Admissions 2020
Established Year: 1994
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (Amrita University) is a multi-campus, multi-disciplinary research academia that is accredited ‘A’ by NAAC and is ranked as one of the best research institutions in India. Amrita is spread across six campuses in three states of India – Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, with the headquarters at Ettimadai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham continuously collaborates with top US universities including Ivy league universities and top European universities for regular student exchange programs, and has emerged as one of the fastest growing institutions of higher learning in India. The institution is managed by the Mata Amritanandamayi Math.
Central Library is proud to be one of the best libraries in India with a carpet area of 81,000 sq feet. Library is a knowledge repository with its wide selection of books, periodicals, journals-both Indian and international, audiovideo material and electronic databases. Adoption of modern IT tools has enabled the Central Library to leapfrog into the big league in a short span of time.
Separate hostel facilities are provided for girls and boys. Their stay in the hostel enables them to imbibe a holistic lifestyle with activities like yoga, sports and extra-curricular activities. There are eight hostels in the campus which accommodate above 3500 inmates. P.G students and final year U.G students are allotted single rooms.
All hostels are equipped with solar water heater for hot water supply. Pure vegetarian food prepared under hygienic conditions is served in the student dining halls and the canteens from a central Kitchen. Night cafeteria is attached with all hostels. All students are expected to live in the hostel during their course. However, local students who live with their parents within a radius of 30 km from the campus will be permitted to come from their homes. Students are not permitted to live in rented houses, lodges, either alone or in groups. Amrita attaches great importance to the nature of lifestyle in the campus. Tobacco, in any form and any other intoxicants are strictly prohibited.
- Campus-wide computing and networking infrastructure design.
- Hosting the campus network operations centre and network services.
- Administration of computer labs.
- Conduct of IT Training programs.
- Technical support to all departments on IT enabled services.
- Maintenance of all hardware and software systems.
- Maintenance of learning resource facilities.
Amrita University Admission, Eligibility, Application Process
NAAC Grade: A
B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Chemical Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Computer and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence), 4 Years
B.Tech in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Electronics and Computer Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
Why Join Amrita University :
- Ranked 8th among University Category in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (MHRD) in 2019
- Placements provide with reputed companies
- Scholarship provide to meritorious and deserving students for M.Tech program
- Constituent schools of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- AICTE approved
- International linkages, tie-ups and memorandum of understanding for joint research, collaborative programs, internships, etc
- Opportunity to participate in ‘Semester Abroad’ program amongst more than 60 foreign universities across Europe, US and Asia
- Research articles published by faculty in highly reputed national and international journals
- Faculty including Ph.D holders with rich experience from leading organizations and universities
- Organizes various national and international conferences, seminars, workshops, colloquia, contests, training programs, etc.
Amrita University Admissions 2020
Active and dynamic placement cell which aims at developing the overall personality and competency of the students Organises training programmes for students to ensure excellent performance in the highly competitive recruitment processes Provides soft skills, english language skills and aptitude training
Some highlights of the placements have been
- Hewlette Packard
- IBM India
- Apollo Tyres
- Asian Paints
- Bank of Baroda
Organising campus recruitments Arranging internship and In-Plant training with leading companies Organizing Industry Specific Training Programs Establishing and maintaining effective corporate relations Making available counseling and career development services to students Conducting coaching classes for CAT, GATE, GRE, IES etc in the campus.
Amrita University Admissions 2020
ADMISSION & SELECTION PROCEDURE Admission is based on merit (marks/grades obtained in the qualifying examination-refer the Eligibility Norms) and availability of seats.
Amrita University Entrance Exam 2020
About the Exam:
AEEE 2020 Application Form will be released from September 19, 2019. The Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination is also known by the AEEE 2020. This exam is a university level entrance exam, which is managed by the Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (Amrita University). It offers admission in four year degree course in engineering (B.Tech). Through this entrance examination, candidates can get admission in its three campuses, i.e. Amritapuri (Kollam), Bengaluru and Ettimadai (Coimbatore) and Vengal (Chennai). AEEE is conducted on an all India basis. Here, candidates can get complete details about AEEE 2020 exam including application form, pattern, syllabus, admit card, etc.
AEEE Exam Dates
AEEE exam dates are given below including all necessary events of the examination:
|1||Application | Mode: Online Ongoing||19 Sep, 2019 – 31 Mar, 2020|
|2||Admit Card | Mode: Online||06 Apr, 2020|
|3||Slot Booking | Mode: Online||06 Apr, 2020 – 10 Apr, 2020|
|4||Exam | Mode: Online||23 Apr, 2020 – 27 Apr, 2020|
|5||Exam – Only in Tamil Nadu | Mode: Offline||02 May, 2020|
|6||Result | Mode: Online||06 May, 2020 (Tentative)|
|7||Counselling – Start Date | Mode: Offline||13 May, 2020 (Tentative)|
To apply for AEEE 2020, candidates have to follow the procedure given below:
- Candidates can apply both via online or offline mode.
- Candidates can choose the mode for filling up the AEEE 2020 application form.
- The application form will be released from 19 Sep 2019.
- Fill your all personal, educational & other details.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature in a JPG/JPEG format. The size of both the images should be 20 KB.
- The dimension of scanned images is 3.5 cm (W) x 4.5 cm (H) (photograph) and 3.5 cm (W) x 1.5 cm (H) (Signature).
- Printed OMR Application Forms of AEEE 2020 can be obtained from the list of Head Post Offices, Dhanlaxmi Banks and Federal Banks.
- You can take out the print out of the application form for further process.
- For online payment, candidates can use Net Banking/ debit/credit card.
- For offline, candidates can pay via Demand Draft (DD).
- The demand draft should be drawn in the name of “Amrita School of Engineering” payable at “Coimbatore”.
- The application fee for AEEE 2020 will be Rs. 1000/-.
- The fee is non-refundable.
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria will get eligible for admission to the first year of 4 year B.Tech. Programmes through counselling, based on their ranks in the Entrance Examination. Here is the eligibility criteria for the AEEE 2020:
- Age Limit: Candidates must have born on or after the 1st July 1999.
- Qualification: Candidates must have cleared the Intermediate or equivalent from recognized university/board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate should have individually scored 55% marks in each subject and 60% aggregate in PCM.
- Appearing candidates can also apply for this exam.
- Minimum eligibility for management quota is 80% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
AEEE Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The AEEE 2020 will be conducted in two separate modes, i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT) and Pen & Paper Based Test (P&P).
- CBT will be conducted in 3 time slots per day in multiple cities all over the Country.
- P&P Test will be conducted from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM in all major cities in the states of Karnataka, Kerala and Tamilnadu.
- No of Questions: There are 100 objective type questions will be asked in the examination.
- Duration: The duration of the entrance exam will be 2 ½ hours.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of total 300 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer 3 marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted. If more than one answer is indicated against a question, it will be treated as “incorrect answer” and 1 mark will be deducted from the total score.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English language only.
AEEE syllabus 2020 contains the topics from three subjects, i.e. Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The syllabus will be based on Class 11th & Class 12th subjects. All the subjects cover various topics which are mentioned below:
Syllabus for Chemistry:
- Hydrocarbons, haloalkanes and haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Polymers and biomolecules
- Aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids and amines
- Environmental chemistry
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Basic concepts
- Atomic structure, chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Electrochemistry, kinetics and surface chemistry
- Equilibrium and thermodynamics
- Solid state and solutions
- S – block elements
- D, f – block elements
- P – block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Basic organic chemistry and techniques
Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- The straight line and pair of straight lines
- Circles and Family of Circles
- Two Dimensional Geometry
- Conic Sections
- Vector Algebra
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Complex Numbers
- Linear Inequalities
- Permutations and Combination
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Matrices and Determinants
- Quadratic Equations
- Relations and Functions
- Differential Calculus
Syllabus for Physics:
- Electrostatics, current electricity and magnetostatics
- Electromagnetic induction and electromagnetic wave
- Oscillations and waves
- Units and dimensions
- Solids and fluids
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Ray and wave optics
- Modern physics
AEEE 2020 Result
The admission authorities will declare the result of AEEE 2020 in online mode only. The AEEE 2020 result includes details like the marks and rank obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam. To check AEEE results, one has to log-in to the result portal using one’s registration number, date of birth and security code. Using the result of AEEE 2020 as a base, the authorities will prepare a merit list to short-list candidates for the counselling and seat allotment process.
How to view AEEE 2020 Result
Go to the result portal
Log-in to the portal using registration number, date of birth and security code
The result would be displayed on-screen
Download and take a printout
AEEE 2020 Cutoff
The cutoff of AEEE 2020 will be published by admission authorities after the declaration of result. The cutoff will include the opening and closing ranks for admission to a particular course at different campuses of the institute. Typically, only those candidates who meet the AEEE cutoff 2020 are likely to get admission; so it is recommended candidates try to score equal to or more than the cutoff score. Also considering the AEEE 2020 cutoff is branch and institute-specific, it is bound to be different from one institute/branch to another. Some of the important parameters on which the cutoff is based include – number of sanctioned seats for the programme, applications received for admission, and also previous years’ cutoff trends.
AEEE 2020 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Candidates will have to register online for participating in the counselling and seat allotment process of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. Candidates will have to report in person at any of the three campuses at Amritapuri, Bengaluru, and Coimbatore for further admission process as per the schedule released by the university. Please note all short-listed candidates will be issued counselling call letters, which they have to download and produce at the time of counselling.
Allotment of seats will be done on the basis of rank of the candidate and choices entered. The counselling will be held tentatively from the 1st week of July 2020 for the academic session 2020-21. The candidate needs to complete both the steps to be considered for seat allotment.
- Registration: The candidate needs to be physically present for the counselling process; at the time of counselling the candidate needs to bring along the counselling call letter and display it at the registration desk. Upon display and bar verification of the call letter, the candidate will be allowed inside the counselling hall.
- Document verification: The candidate will have to next get all essential documents verified. Along with the originals, the candidate must bring a photocopy of all each document and demand draft.
- Counselling call letter
- Marks statement of 10+2
- Hall ticket of 10+2
- Marks sheet of 10+2
- AEEE 2020 hall ticket (With the signature of Invigilator)
- Community certificate (If the candidate belongs to SC, ST, BC, MBC or OBC category)
- Transfer certificate and conduct certificate from the Institution where candidate studied class 12th
- DD for Rs. 10,000 drawn in favour of “Amrita School Of Engineering” and payable at COIMBATORE, as counselling fee which is non-refundable.
- DD for Rs. 50,000 drawn in favour of “Amrita School Of Engineering” and payable at COIMBATORE, as advance tuition fee before allotment of seat.
AEEE 2020 Counselling Centers
AMRITA SCCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
Tamil Nadu 641112, India
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website:https://www.amrita.edu/