ANNA University Admission 2020
Established Year: 1794
The College of Engineering, Guindy (CEG) is a public engineering college in Chennai, India. Founded in 1794 as a survey school, and 1858 as a Civil Engineering School, it is one of the oldest engineering institutions in the country.In 1794, the survey school was started with eight students in a building near Fort St. George by Michael Topping. The school became the Civil Engineering School in 1858 and was rechristened as College of Engineering in 1859, with the inclusion of a mechanical engineering course.
Campus-wide computing and networking infrastructure design
Hosting the campus network operations centre and network services
Administration of computer labs
Conduct of IT Training programs
Technical support to all departments on IT enabled services
Maintenance of all hardware and software systems
Maintenance of learning resource facilities
The University Library, which has been established in the year 1978 gained autonomy from December 2000. It is housed in a three storeyed new Building located at the eastern side in the main campus. The total area of the Library building is about 4122 sq.m. 30 video cameras are placed at strategic points in the library for surveillance. The MIT campus also has a library of area 1256 sq.m. Around 10,157 registered uses are in access of the library. Many knowledge-based services like that of Reference, Bibliography, MALIBNET service., DELNET, Reprography, CD-ROM Databases, Internet browsing and e-services are provided by the library for its users.
Anna Univesity The Engineering College Hostels provide residential accomodation for about 3500 students with boarding facilities. Dean, College of Engineering, Guindy Campus is the Warden of the Hostels. In the management and supervision of hostels Warden is assisted by the Executive Warden, Deputy Wardens and Resident Counsellors. The Resident Counsellors of a block shall stand in “loco parentis” to all students in residence in that block.
NAAC Grade: A
- B.E Mechanical Engineering
- B.E Industrial Engineering
- B.E Manufacturing Engineering
- B.E Mining Engineering
- B.E Prining Technology
- B.E Manufacturing Engineering
- B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech Information Technolog
Why Join ANNA University:
- UGC recognized
- MOUs with National and International Universities/industries such as TCS, Accenture, Ryerson University for trainings, student exchange etc.
- Various research papers have been published in National and International journals by faculty
- Association with Ministry of IT – Govt. of India for Anna University Knowledge Data Centre (AUKDC)
- Separate Centre for Entrepreneurship Development to promote entrepreneurial activities
- Separate Centre of IPR which organizes short-term intellectual property modules, seminars, workshops and conferences
Separate Centre for University – Industry Collaboration that takes care of all the placement activities in the campus
- Conducts Tamil Nadu State Level Placement Programme for the benefit of all the Engineering colleges affiliated to it
- Arranging industrial visits for students
- Provides project internship and facilitates research fellowships from industries
- Enables the students to get placed in reputed companies with decent cost to the company (CTC)
- Conducts soft skill development and competency building programmes to the students to increase their employability skills
- MoU’s with various Industries and Research and Development establishments which enables the students to get internship training, placement, industrial readiness, professional competencies and also soft skills development
- Arranges programs for the benefit of the students on improving communication skills, assertiveness, developing leadership qualities and motivation
- In past students have been placed with salary ranging from Rs.20,000/- to Rs.1,00,000/- per month
- Google India
- Microsoft India
- Microchip Technology Pvt. Ltd
- Goldman Sachs
- HCL Technologies
- Hewlett Packard
- Hexaware Technologies
- Voltas Limited
- Wipro Limited
- Zoho Corporation Private Limited
- ACC Limited
At ANNA University, companies vie with each other to be the early birds for hiring, thanks to the quality of students, past and present. Our alumni have created such a great impression in the minds of their employers through hard work, commitment and a rare sense of dedication to the profession that all our past recruiters come again and again to recruit, their off take increasing with each passing year.
ADMISSION & SELECTION PROCEDURE Admission is based on merit (marks/grades obtained in the qualifying examination-refer the Eligibility Norms) and availability of seats.
College of Engineering ANNA University Entrance Exam
About the Exam:
TNEA Important Dates 2020
The important dates of TNEA 2020 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2020 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2020
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2020|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Fourth week of May, 2020|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2020|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||First week of June, 2020|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Third week of June, 2020|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of July, 2020|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2020. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Age Limit: Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2020 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2020
The application form of TNEA 2020 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2020, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2020, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2020 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2020
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2020 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2020
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2020 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2020 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2020, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2020 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2020)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2020
The TNEA 2020 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2020 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2020, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2020 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2020 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2020
The counselling of TNEA 2020 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2020 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2020 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2020
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2020 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2020 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
12, Sardar Patel Rd, Guindy, Chennai,
Tamil Nadu 600025, India
Phone:044 2235 8493
Email: email@example.com ,Website: http://ceg.annauniv.edu