AVIT B.Arch Admissions 2018
Established Year: 1998
AVIT is located on Rajiv Gandhi Salai (Old Mahabalipuram Road) about 50 kms from Chennai in lush, sylvan surroundings, far from the madding crowd. Having said that, it is not too far from the IT Corridor and TIDEL Park where IT giants such as Wipro, TCS, INFOSYS and Cognizant, to name a few, have their offices. Chennai is the Detroit of South Asia with several automobile giants like Hyundai, Ford, Mahindra and Nissan–Renault. Besides these, there are also manufacturing plants making auto-ancillary components for 4-wheelers and 2-wheelers like the TVS group of companies and Simpsons. The strategic location of these companies is helpful to engineering students for training as well as placements. In addition, there are also automobile testing centers located here. The recently proposed southern economic zone in Sholinganallur on the I.T Corridor is sure to attract more investments from both within the country and overseas. Many MNCs have their offices in Chennai. All of these factors certainly provide greater opportunities for young and enterprising engineers.
All the campuses of the University designed eco-friendly and landscaped with extensive gardens, Plantation with recycled water. The entire university campuses are maintained as non smoking zone.
AVIT has spacious Confrence Hall & Digital Class Room which include facilities like
- Internet connectivity
- Audio visual aids
- Public address systems
The Central Library of AVIT is the knowledge hub of the college and disseminates knowledge wide and deep. The central library serves the following objectives
- Ensure optimum utilization of the resources available in the library.
- Ensure easy access to the facilities available to all the staff and students.
- Encourage and foster a reading habit among the staff and students.
- Helps the staff and students participate effectively in the teaching-learning programs of the college.
- Serves as the center of information for the college and provides easy access to national and global know how to all the staff and students.
- Improves collection and services on a continuous basis in consultation with the users/ stakeholders.
- Provides appropriate and comfortable ambience for the library users.
- The AVIT Central Library is the heart, mind and soul of the institution. It is also the nerve center of the college and the fountain head of innovation, inspiration and insight both for the students and the faculty.
The Institution has hostel facility for boys and girls in individual blocks each with the capacity of 1000 and 400 respectively. The hostel mess caters to the requirement of all the inmates with both North Indian and South Indian food varieties in their regular menu. The institution has huge play ground with football and basketball courts. The indoor game facility and recreational facility are available both in the campus and in hostel. Separate gymnasium for boys and girls is available in the hostel. An ambulance facility is also available round the clock. An ATM Center is established in the campus through ICICI Bank
Gymnasia has 12-station multi-gym facility. The gym is spacious and well equipped with modern imported equipments. It has centralised air-conditioning and audio and video facilities.
Qualified gym instructors are available round-the-clock to train students specifically for their respective sports. This gym has separate timings for men and women.
AVIT is well connected by public transport system.. The college can be reached in an hour’s drive from Adyar, Chennai city.The college also operates fleet of Buses covering key locations in and around Chennai, to facilitate the students and staff community.
AVIT has dedicated Internet Leased line which is accessed from anywhere in the campus which helps the student in their academics
- 16 mbps premium internet bandwidth with 1:1 connectivity
- Wi – Fi enabled campus
NAAC Grade: A
- B.Arch – Architecture
Why Join AVIT
- Scholarship provided to meritorious and deserving students
- Affiliated to Vinayaka Missions University
- ISO 9001:2008 certified institute
- MoU’s with companies/ industries/ organizations for campus connect, development program, trainings, etc.
- Collaboration with Indian Institute of Logistics, Centennial College, Toronto, Canada and Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
- Periodical industrial visits and frequent guest lectures and seminars
- Provides Certification training like C, C++, Java, etc.
- Dedicated placement and training cell.
- Contacting the recruiting companies regularly for campus placement.
- Conducting Campus Recruitments
- Arranging Guest Lectures from Resource Persons from Industry to deliver current knowledge to students and faculty.
- Conducting Career Awareness programmes by Industry Professionals.
- Conducting Seminars for higher education
- Executing activities under MoUs signed with Industry like Infosys, Shriram, Talent sprint and Amity soft.
- Regular Seminars are conducted to keep in touch with the recent trends in the Higher education scenario.
- Conducting regular tests and reviewing the students about their performance.
- Students attends webinars in current market trends conducted by Infosys campus connect team.
- Candidates may directly apply or come in person to the Admission Cell operating from the Corporate Office at the above mentioned address.
- Candidates are requested to read all the instructions given in the application form. The filled-in application forms should be submitted with the relevant documents to the Admission Officer at the Admission Cell.
- All admissions (including those of foreign/ NRI students) are made subject to eligibility and according to the norms set by the Supreme Court of India, Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu.
In order to be qualified for admission to different school/ college of architecture in India that accept NATA score, the Eligibility criteria of NATA 2017 requires that candidates should have at least 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with mathematics as one of the subject. Also, for applying to first year of 5-year B.Arch. Degree Course, candidates must have 40% score in NATA, i.e. at least 80/200.
About the NATA Entrance Exam:
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture or NATA 2018 will be conducted by Council of Architecture (COA) for admission to 5-year B.Arch. degree course across all universities and colleges in the country. NATA 2018 will be organised tentatively in the month of June to test the mathematical, general aptitude and drawing skills of Architecture aspirants. The admission procedure of NATA 2018 strictly adheres to the eligibility criteria as prescribed by COA and approved by Central Government, which is mandatory for candidates to follow before applying for the exam. Candidates will have to fill the application form of NATA 2018 to appear in the exam that will be tentatively available from the first week of January 2018. In the application form of NATA 2018, candidates will have to provide their personal details which includes their name, contact number, address etc. and their academic details like educational qualification, class X and XII scores etc. It should be noted that candidates will have to submit the NATA 2018 application form along with an application fee of Rs 1250 irrespective of category and gender in online mode.
NATA Important Dates 2018
The important dates of NATA 2018 will help the candidates keep a track of all the important events related to the exam. Candidates can check all the important dates of NATA 2018 from the table given below.
NATA 2018 Important Dates
|1||Start date of NATA 2018 Application Form online||First week of January 2018|
|2||End date of NATA 2018 Application Form online||Second week of February 2018|
|3||End date of uploading of image||Second week of February 2018|
|4||End date of fee payment||Second week of February 2018|
|5||End date of Confirmation Page printing||Fourth week of February 2018|
|6||Date for candidate correction window along with uploading of correct testimonials||Fourth week of February 2018|
|7||Availability of NATA 2018 Admit Card||Fourth week of March 2018|
|8||NATA 2018||Third week of April 2018|
|9||Availability of NATA 2018 OMR Sheets||Third week of May 2018|
|10||Availability of NATA 2018 Answer Key||Third week of May 2018|
|11||NATA Result 2018||First week of June 2018|
NATA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates planning to appear in NATA 2018 are required to check the eligibility criteria of the exam before applying for it. The eligibility criteria of NATA 2018 includes age limit, qualifying exam and marks etc. If a candidate is found not adhering to NATA 2018 eligibility criteria, then the application form of such a candidate will not be accepted.
The parameters for NATA eligibility criteria 2018 are:
Candidates appearing in NATA 2018 should have attained 17 years of age as on July 31, 2018.
Note: During any stage of NATA examination or admission, if a candidate is found under age i.e. below 17 years on the above mentioned date or otherwise ineligible, then his or her NATA 2018 score will become void.
- NATA 2018 aspirants must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects. This applies to candidates appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination in 2018.
- Candidates who have passed or appearing for 10+3 Diploma from any stream recognized by Central/ State Govts with Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects.
- Candidates who have passed or appeared in International Baccalaureate Diploma after 10 years of Schooling with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
NATA Application Form 2018
- The authorities of the entrance exam will release the NATA 2018 application form for the candidates in online mode. Candidates will have to register themselves before filling the application form of NATA 2018 because without registration, candidates will not be able to fill the application form.
- After submitting all the necessary details in the application form, candidates will have to upload the image and documents required and pay the application fees.
- Once the payment is done, candidates will have to download the application form of NATA 2018 and take a printout of the confirmation page of the submitted form.
NATA 2018 Application Fees
- For candidates appearing for NATA 2018 in India, the application fees is Rs 1250 + processing charges.
- For candidates appearing for NATA 2018 in Dubai, the application fees is Rs 1250 + Rs 7000.
NATA Exam Pattern 2018
Candidates of NATA 2018 are advised to follow the exam pattern to appear well prepared and confident for the same. The exam pattern of NATA 2018 informs about the type, number, pattern and marking scheme of the question paper.
- The question paper of NATA 2018 will be divided into 2 sections – one includes Mathematics and General Aptitude and second includes Drawing.
- The entrance exam of NATA 2018 will be held in offline mode for 3 hours (180 minutes). The first 90 minutes would be for Mathematics and General Aptitude and remaining 90 minutes for Drawing.
- The Mathematics will have 20 questions and General Aptitude will have 40 questions. The Drawing section will have 2 questions of 40 marks each.
- NATA 2018 will not have negative marking.
NATA Syllabus 2018
The syllabus of NATA 2018 has been prescribed by Council of Architecture for candidates who will appear in the exam. NATA 2018 syllabus includes topics and chapters from which the question paper of the exam will be made. NATA syllabus 2018 has been given in brief below:
NATA Admit Card 2018
The admit card of NATA 2018 will be released by the authorities in online mode only for those candidates whose application form will be submitted successfully. NATA admit card 2018 will have the following things mentioned over it – candidates’ name, roll number, exam name, date, time, allotted centre with complete address, photograph and signature. It is advised that candidates check all the details carefully before downloading the admit card and take a print out of the same. In case of any discrepancies, candidates must immediately contact the concerned authorities and get it rectified before appearing in the exam. Candidates must retain the admit card of NATA 2018 till the admission procedure gets over.
NATA Cutoff 2018
The cutoff of NATA 2018 will not be provided by Council of Architecture officially because every institute offering B.Arch. Programme and admission on the basis of NATA scores releases its own cutoff for candidates. NATA 2018 cutoff will be basically the minimum marks required for admission in that particular institute and therefore it varies from institute to institute depending on certain factors like number of seats in the institute, difficulty level of the exam, previous year’s cutoff trends etc. Candidate, if scores less than NATA cutoff 2018 in the entrance exam will be denied admission in the institute to their B.Arch. Programme.
NATA Result 2018
For candidates who will appear in NATA 2018 exam, the result will be announced by Council of Architecture (COA) in three formats:
- Marks obtained out of 200 and in each component.
- Merit listing – unique based on marks and tie breaking rules.
- Percentile score based on the merit listing.
NATA Counselling 2018
There is no common counselling for NATA 2018 for the qualified candidates of the exam, however, most states and universities will conduct their own NATA 2018 counselling for admission to their B.Arch course. Candidates will have to apply to their preferred college to attend the counselling of NATA 2018 and take the admission procedure further.
Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology,
Karunguzhipallam, Tamil Nadu
Contact : 08754541025
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.avit.ac.in/