Francis Xavier Engineering College
Established Year: 2008
The Francis Xavier Engineering College popularly known as FX Engineering College, was established in the year 2000 with the vision to empower budding engineers in technical and entrepreneurial training and to contribute to the socio-economic augmentation of the nation.
The college is located the heart of the city of Tirunelveli heralded worldwide as the Oxford of South India, and is well connected by Road, Rail and Air.
Students of FX Engineering College are given the opportunity to pursue first-rate and advanced technical education regardless of background, gender or financial constraints. The necessity to promote most advantageous learning and service is well harmonized and clearly expressed by allowing students to successfully plan their education and competently achieve the education they need. Curricular and co-curricular programs form an integral part of the curriculum and help students to have commanding incorporation of theory and practical knowledge. Each individual is motivated to increase the gravity of responsibility and be committed to serve the nation.
The college is full of opportunities where students’ talents can thrive and it systematically transforms a graduate to a future ready professional. The institution is open to the exchange of ideas, where discovery, creativity, and personal and professional development can flourish. It is a responsive, student-oriented institution that is committed to the creation, dissemination, and acquisition of knowledge through teaching, research and service.
The College has a separate hostel for boys and one for girls. The hostels are well furnished, airy and have 24 hours power back up and an RO Plant for safe drinking water. The hostel has a well-planned dining facility as well that serves vegetarian and non-vegetarian fare for the students.
Rules & Regulations:
- The students who do not stay with the parents should stay in the hostel.
- At the time of admission to hostel, the college fee receipt has to be produced. A declaration agreeing to abide by the rules of the hostel has to be signed by the student and counter signed by the Parent/Guardian.
- On Admission, the student will be allotted a room by the hostel authorities. The allocation of the room is subject to change at any time, for administrative reasons. Students shall occupy only the rooms allotted by the authority and shall not shift to any other room of their choice.
- On allocation of the room, the student is to take possession of the room, furniture and fittings and ensure that everything is maintained in good order. Any damage will be claimed from the occupant immediately.
- Dismissal or suspension from the college will entail automatic dismissal or suspension from the hostel also.
- Before vacating the hostel, the students are required to remove all their personal belongings and handover the furniture and other items provided to them in good condition, to the hostel authorities. They are required to keep all the electrical fittings in their rooms intact.
- Damage to common properties of the hostel will be collected from all the students in that hostel.
- Students are required to clear outstanding arrears, if any, before vacating the hostel.
- Students are required to produce identity cards on demand, for verification of Identity.
- Students are expected to get prior permission before leaving the campus.
Library is the soul of any institution. It is a center of acquiring, processing, preserving and disseminating information to the user community with the motto of empowering knowledge, Francis Xavier Engineering College library has well trained staff and well managed library system to enrich the students community with a wide range of academic resources such as books, periodicals, online periodicals, databases, back volumes, CDs/DVDs, project reports, audio / video cassettes, and question bank.
- The U.G Students will be issued 2 borrowers card respectively
- The library is kept open on all working days from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m, and on Sundays and holidays from 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Books, notebooks and personal belongings are to be left in the wooden rack kept near the library entrance.
- Silence is to be strictly observed in the library.
- The books are to be left on the reading table and they are not to be replaced in the shelves after reading or making reference.
- Books will be lent to students only for a period of 15 days.
- The final year students should return books to the library for obtaining “No dues certificate”.
- Borrowing journals/Reference books/Project reports/CDs from the library is not permitted.
- Students are expected to return the borrowed books on or before the due date stamped on the issue label. Books returned after the due date will be charged an overdue charge of Re.1/- per day.
- Books may be returned on all working days. Absence from the institution on any account shall not be an excuse for any delay in returning the books. If the books due falls on a holiday it should be returned the next morning and no fine will be collected.
- Loss of library books shall immediately be reported to the Librarian.
To cater to the needs of day scholars, the college plies its own fleet of buses. Transport facility is available for the day scholar and working Staff who are in and around Tirunelveli District.
B.E in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electronics and Communications Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
Why Francis Xavier Engineering College:
- Organizes various national and international conferences, seminars, workshops, training programs, etc
- Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
- Highly experienced faculties with various teaching skills
- Excellent placement
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified Institution
- Approved By AICTE
- Accreditation NAAC By ‘A’ Grade
We have a robust training and placement program in the campus. A dedicated placement team, headed by a well qualified placement director functions round the year to ensure that students are placed in reputed companies across the country. Continuous training is offered to equip the students on communication skills, soft skills, confidence building, interview skills, verbal reasoning, business etiquette, quantitative aptitude, emotional intelligence,p presentation skills, leadership and management skill, creativity skills along with engineering wise technical skills by experts from in house and also from industry. Career development programs are regularly conducted through accomplished resource persons across a wide spectrum of industries.
- Tech Mahindra
- CSS Corp
- Federal Bank
Francis Xavier Engineering College offers full-time B.E / B.Tech degree programs under 6 disciplines. Candidates applying for B.E / B.Tech programs should have cleared 10+2 in science stream. Admission to any of the undergraduate programs offered by the institute is subject to merit and rank secured by the candidate in Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) 2020.
Francis Xavier Engineering College, Admission 2020
About the Exam:
TNEA Important Dates 2020
The important dates of TNEA 2020 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2020 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2020
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2020|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Fourth week of May, 2020|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2020|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||First week of June, 2020|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Third week of June, 2020|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of July, 2020|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2020. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Age Limit: Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2020 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2020
The application form of TNEA 2020 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2020, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2020, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2020 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2020
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2020 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2020
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2020 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2020 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2020, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2020 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2020)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2020
The TNEA 2020 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2020 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2020, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2020 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2020 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2020
The counselling of TNEA 2020 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2020 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2020 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2020
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2020 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2020 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
Francis Xavier Engineering College
103/G2, Bypass Road,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone : +91 462 2502283, 2502157
Fax : +91 462 2501007
Email Id: email@example.com, Website: www.francisxavier.ac.in