Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science Admissions 2020
Established Year: 1985
Hindustan College of Engineering, started in the year 1985, was conferred the “University Status” by University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India, Under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956 from the academic year 2008-09 and under the name HITS (Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science).
Today, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (Deemed University) is one of the most sought after engineering Institutions in Tamil Nadu, reputed for its highly qualified and experienced faculty and excellent infrastructural facilities for curricular and extra curricular activities, the University has maintained an enviable academic excellence right from its inception. The student community comprises of students from all over India and Overseas.
We have students hailing from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Indonesia, Kenya, Korea, Liberia, Libya, Mauritius, Nigeria, Oman, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sudan, U.A.E, Thailand, Vietnam, Tanzania, USA, etc.
The university has accomplished its mission and its academic achievements are a testimony to the same. More than 80% of students secure first class with distinctions year after year. Over 950 students have been placed in leading companies in India and abroad in the last 3 years. The students of this reputed institution are receiving placement offers from leading companies in India and Abroad.
- Convenience Store
- Banking / ATM Facilities
Facilities for Hostel Residents
1. Transport Facility
a) Bus facility will be provided for campus residents on every Sunday to visit the city.
b) Vehicle will be provided to campus residents for any emergency.
2. Other Facilities
The following facilities are available on campus for the benefit of staff and students.
a) Canteen and Fast Food Centre.
b) Geysers are provided in all hostels.
c) Departmental Stores.
d) Generator facility
e) Preventive maintenance.
f) Banking Facility.
g) 24 hrs incoming phone facility.
h) Stationery shops.
i) Round the clock security service.
j) Centralized laundry facility.
k) Library open on all days.
l) Dance & Music Club.
m) Counselling for deserving students.
n) Faculty interaction for clearing doubts of students.
B.Tech. in Aeronautical Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Avionics, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Automobile Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Biotechnology engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Engineering Design, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Construction Engineering and Management, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Environmental Engineering and Water Resource, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Structural Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Cloud Computing & Virtualization (IBM), 4 Years
B.Tech. in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (IBM), 4 Years
B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Bio-Medical Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Information Technology, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Cloud Computing & Virtualization (IBM), 4 Years
B.Tech. in Cyber Forensics & Security with IBM, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech. in Mechatronics Engineering, 4 Years
SC / ST Scholarship Government of India
- Those candidates, who are Indian citizens belonging to Tamilnadu and who have passed the School leaving examination, namely Higher Secondary / Indian School Certificate etc, are eligible for this scholarship.
- The income of the parents should not exceed Rs. 100000/- per annum.
- The scholarship is renewable from year to year within the stages of education.
- The candidates should not be in receipt of another scholarship / assistance from other sources
Why Join Chennai Institute of Technology:
- AICTE approved
- Highly qualified faculty with industry and academic experience
- International Mobility Programmes including one semester abroad program, student/faculty exchanges and higher studies
- Above 75% Annual Placement Conversion
- Strong Alumni Network
- Scholarship available for meritorious and sports students
- MOUs with leading industries and institutions in India and Abroad
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratories and workshops
Accreditation NAAC A
Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science provides an environment that fosters not only the intellectual but also the overall personality development to its students. Personality Development Workshops are organized in the University for all enrolled students with a view to equip them with the necessary soft skills required to beat the stringent selection process and emerge successfully in today’s competitive world. The students are exposed to intensive training for acquiring Communication, Motivation and Leadership Skills.
hey gain essential inputs in goal setting and team building. They also undergo Case Study Analysis, Extempore, Group Discussion and Personal Interview Session. More than two thousand students of pre-final and final year undergraduate and postgraduate programs are benefited from these workshops every year. The University considers training and placement as its key duties to every student who enrolls with the University.
The Placement Office of the University provides equal opportunity to all enrolled students to:
- Attend campus interviews conducted for leading companies.
- Do In-Plant Training
- Prepare the students to excel in Aptitude Test, Group Discussions and Interviews.
- IDBI FEDERAL
- Indian Navy
- Tech Mahindra
- Placement Registration
- Eligibility Criteria- 60% in X, XII, UG and PG as applicable – No Current Arrears/ No History of arrears – Academic gap
Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science takes into consideration students who have passed their Higher Secondary Examination with commendable marks for admission. The University strictly follows the eligibility criteria of UGC norms.
Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science Engineering Entrance Examination (HITSEEE) 2020
About the Exam:
An online Entrance Examination (HITSEEE) is conducted every year at various cities across India. Students seeking admission for undergraduate programmes have to register online to appear for the Entrance Examination on dates specified in the media advertisements. The time duration of the entrance examination is 2 hours. Students are required to answer 120 questions covering Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Based on the entrance examination score and marks in the qualifying examination, a rank list is prepared for admission into U.G (Engineering & Technology) Programmes.
HITSEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates appearing for HITSEEE 2020 will have to meet the following eligibility criteria prescribed by the authorities:
- Qualifying Examination and Marks Required: Must clear class 12 or equivalent with minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry exam as prescribed by Tamil Nadu Government.
- For Vocational Stream Applicants- Must have a minimum of 50% marks in the related subjects and vocational subjects both theory and practical.
- For B.Tech Biotech Applicants- Must have a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics/Biology.
- Age Limit: Candidates should be born on or after July 1, 1998
HITSEEE 2020 Important Dates
|Application | Mode: Online||15 Nov, 2019 – 15 Apr, 2020|
|Admit Card | Mode: Online||21 Apr, 2020 (Tentative)|
Exam – For Chennai and other centres | Mode: Online
|25 Apr, 2020 – 26 Apr, 2020|
|Exam – For Chennai centres | Mode: Online||27 Apr, 2020 – 30 Apr, 2020|
|Result | Mode: Online||
05 May, 2020 (Tentative)
|Counselling | Mode: Offline||
07 May, 2020 – 10 May, 2020
How to Apply
Students, having the qualifying marks, can apply to any one of the undergraduate programmes offered by the University. The applications should be submitted at the admission office before the deadline mentioned in the advertisement. This does not apply for those who apply for non-professional programmes and research related programmes.
HITSEEE 2020 Application Process
HITSEEE 2020 application form is now available in online mode for all the eligible candidates. In order to fill and submit the application form of HITSEEE 2020, the candidates will have to enter their details like personal, academic, education qualification, communication address, contact details, email id etc. What candidates have to make sure is that details submitted should be same as the one listed in class 10 certificate.
- Once entered all the details, select the exam centre in order of the preference and submit the details
- Along with filling the application form, candidates will have to submit the application fee of Rs. 1200 (excluding Bank Charges) in online mode.
- Take the print out of HITSEEE 2020 application form, affix a good quality coloured photograph in the prescribed format.
- Both candidate and parent/Guardian signatures has to be done on the application form.
- Once completed, HITSEEE 2020 application form has to be sent by post to the admission office with due acknowledgement.
|OBC, ST, SC, General||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 1200|
|OBC, ST, SC, General||PWD||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 1200|
HITSEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates appearing for HITSEEE 2020 will have to meet the following eligibility criteria prescribed by the authorities:
Age Limit: Candidates should be born on or after July 1, 1998
- A Pass in (10+2) or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology Technical Vocational subject.
- Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together with minimum 60% in Mathematics.
- Any other examination of any university or authority accepted by this University as equivalent of plus two.
- For Vocational Stream Applicants Must have a minimum of 50% marks in the related subjects and vocational subjects both theory and practical.
- For B.Tech Biotech Applicants Must have a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics/Biology.
HITSEEE 2020 Admit Card
The entrance exam conducting authority will issue the HITSEEE 2020 admit card in online mode. To download the admit card of HITSEEE 2020 candidates will have to log-in using there application number and date of birth. HITSEEE 2020 admit card will carry information like name of the candidate, timing of exam, exam centre details, hall ticket number, candidate’s signature etc. Therefore, before downloading ensure that all the information mentioned on it are correct. HITSEEE admit card is an important document as without it candidates will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
HITSEEE 2020 Exam Pattern
|Duration of Examination||2 hours|
|Sections in Question Paper||3 (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)|
|Type of Questions||
|Total Questions Asked||120|
We know by now that HITSEEE contains 3 main sections viz. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. It is essential for candidates to understand the pattern and syllabus of the exam before they plan their preparation. Here are all the important topics of the three sections that a candidate must prepare:
|Semiconductor devices and their applications|
|Atomic and Nuclear Physics|
|Electromagnetic waves and wave optics|
|Magnetism and Magnetic effects of electric current|
|Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter|
|Chemistry||Alcohols and Ethers|
|Isomerism in organic compounds|
|P, D and F block elements|
|Organic nitrogen compounds|
|Coordination chemistry and solid state chemistry|
|Carboxylic acids and their derivatives|
|Analytical geometry of three dimensions|
|Application of matrices and determinants|
|Integral calculus and its application|
HITSEEE 2020 Result
The authorities will announce HITSEEE 2020 result in online mode. The result of HITSEEE 2020 will be available in the form of a rank list. Candidate’s name, roll number, application number, marks and rank obtained by him in the entrance exam will be displayed in the rank list. To check and download the result of HITSEEE 2020, candidates will have to log-in and enter their application number and date of birth. The result of HITSEEE 2020 will be downloaded in the form of scorecard which candidates have to keep safely till the admission process gets over.
Entrance Exam 2020 Counselling:
- HITSEEE 2019 Counselling will start from the Second week of May, 2020 after the results are announced by the university.
- Allocation of seats will be based strictly on HITSEEE All India Rank 2020.
- Candidates who obtain high marks in the entrance examination have higher chances of getting admission in the program of their choice.
Candidates will be eligible for appearing HITSEEE 2020 Counselling session if their name appears in the merit list. Candidates need to carry the following documents in the counselling session:
- Class 10 and 12 marksheet
- Photo identity proof (PAN card, aadhaar, passport)
- HITSEEE 2020 rank card
- 2 recent coloured passport size photograph
- DD of Rs. 50,000 drawn in favour of Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, payable at Chennai
The counselling sessions for HITSEEE 2020 will be held in the admission office of the Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science
Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR), Padur,
Chennai – 603 103,
Phone: +91-44-2747 4262, 2747 4395
Fax: +91-44-2747 4208
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: hindustanuniv.ac.in