Karunya University Admissions 2018
Established Year: 1984
Karunya University (formerly Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, KITS) is a fully residential, Christian minority university located in Coimbatore, India. It was founded as a Christian minority institution by the late D. G. S. Dhinakaran, his son Paul Dhinakaran, Christian evangelists and the founders of Jesus Calls Ministries, India. This deemed university has been accredited by NAAC with a ‘B’ grade. The university has won the record for participation in the largest ever awareness program on environmental awareness organized by Coimbatore Municipal Corporation.
Central Library, which is one of the central support services of Karunya University. The library homepage will provide electronic access to various full text and bibliographical databases. The Central library is well equipped with modern facilities and resources in the form of CD-ROM, On-line databases, e-journals, e-books, audio video cassettes, books, journals, project reports etc. Links from the home page will direct you to information on library policies, hours, collections and services. The mission of the Central library is to provide information services and access to bibliographical and full text digital and printed resources to support the scholarly and informational needs of the Institute user community.
Karunya University aims at training professionals of high standard with moral caliber. The rules and regulations are framed so as to train them for reaching the goals for which the institution was started. It aims at ensuring harmonious, friendly living among students of various states inculcating self discipline. The hostels should serve as a training ground for a responsible, successful and useful life through development of the body, mind and soul.The Twelve hostels of Karunya University are under the administrative control of the three Chief Wardens. They are assisted by two Joint Chief Wardens in administrative responsibilities . The Finance officer of the University looks after the financial response Each Hostel Block is being managed by a Warden (Welfare & Discipline), who are drawn from the teaching faculty of the University There are four messes catering to students in different hostels. Each mess is administered by a Warden (Mess), who is also a faculty member of the University.
Campus-wide computing and networking infrastructure design
Hosting the campus network operations centre and network services
Administration of computer labs
Conduct of IT Training programs
Technical support to all departments on IT enabled services
Maintenance of all hardware and software systems
Maintenance of learning resource facilities
NAAC Grade: A
Bachelor of Technology in
Food Processing & Engineering
Electronics & Media Technology
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering
Why Join karunya University:
Provide placement in renowned companies
- Provides scholarship and gold medals for deserving candidates
- Ranked 48th among Top 100 Universities in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (MHRD) in 2016 Awarded with Edupreneurs Award by The Times Group 2013UGC recognized deemed university ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified institute NAAC Accredited NABL accredited food quality testing lab
- MoU’s with foreign universities & companies for student and faculty exchange programs, projects, twinning/dual programs, joint research activities etc
- Faculty includes 31% doctorates and 38% pursuing doctorate
- Student faculty ratio is 1:16
- Separate IQAC celll and Siemens corporate training center
- Follows earn while you learn scheme
- University has an active and dedicated training and placement cell known as CIC (Centre for Industrial Collaboration)
- Conducts coaching classes on general aptitude, group discussion, personal interview, technical aptitude, spoken and written communication skills in English, etc.
- Imparts quality internships, workshops, final placement and live industrial projects for students
- Foreign internship & project opportunity for students through IAESTE facility
- Integrated industrial training for students and faculty
- MOU with Infosys to provide training to the pre-final year students and to place the final year students
Top Recruiting Companies
At karunya VIT University, companies vie with each other to be the early birds for hiring, thanks to the quality of students, past and present. Our alumni have created such a great impression in the minds of their employers through hard work, commitment and a rare sense of dedication to the profession that all our past recruiters come again and again to recruit, their off take increasing with each passing year.
ADMISSION & SELECTION PROCEDURE Admission is based on merit (marks/grades obtained in the qualifying examination-refer the Eligibility Norms) and availability of seats.
karunya University Entrance Exam 2018
About the Exam:
The Karunya University Entrance examination (KEE) 2018 will be conducted for admission to 13 undergraduate engineering programmes at Karunya University. KEE 2018 is a national level online examination expected to be held in the third week of April 2018 in over 27 cities of the country. The online application form is expected to be out in the second week of November and the KEE admit card will be released in the first week of May. The duration of KEE will be of 1 hour and candidates have to attempt total fifty questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and General aptitude. The result of KEE will be declared online in May 2018. Counselling will be held at the university campus on the basis of scores obtained by candidates in KEE 2018.
Aspirants can check their eligibility criteria for KEE 2018 before applying for the course:
- Nationality:The Indian/NRI/International candidates are eligible to apply.
- Age:For Undergraduate/Integrated courses, the aspirant age must not be over 21 years as on 1stJuly 2018.
For B.Tech Course:
- Qualifying Exam:Aspirants must passed 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Minimum Marks:Must obtain the 50% marks in aggregate.
- Subjects:Aspirants should qualify the qualifying exam with physics, chemistry and mathematics.
B.Tech (Lateral Entry):
- Qualifying Exam:Aspirants must hold the Diploma or B.Sc degree from recognized university.
- Minimum Marks:Must secure minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
For M.Tech Course:
- Qualifying Exam:Aspirants should have the qualifying Degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum Marks:Aspirants must score 50% of marks in aggregate (Except M.Tech IT).
In this section we are providing the official exam schedule of KEE 2018:
|Online Application starts from||17th November 2017|
|Last date to submit filled-in OMR sheet & Online Application||3rd week of April 2018|
|Admit Card released from||3rd week of April 2018|
|Spot Registration for KEE||last week of April 2018|
|Date of Exam||Last week of April 2018|
|Result Declared||Last week of April 2018|
|Commencement of counselling||1st week of May 2018|
How to Apply:
Eligible aspirants can fill the application form within the stipulated time:
- KEE 2018 application formwill be available from 17th November 2017.
- Application form will be submitted online through the official website of the University.
- Aspirants have to submit the Expression of Interest (EOI) form online.
- After submission of EOI, aspirants will receive an acknowledgement SMS and email containing application number and pass code to apply online.
- Aspirants can apply online with application number and pass code for provisional admission.
- Aspirants have to upload all their documents in JPEG format.
- The application fee is 1000/-for Indian Nationals/USD 60 for NRI or Foreign Nationals.
- The application fee can be remitted by online mode through net banking/credit card/debit card.
- Fee can also be paid through DD which should be drawn in the favor of ‘The Registrar, Karunya University, payable at Coimbatore’.
- Candidate can also transfer the fund to the Karunya University bank account.
Karunya Entrance Exam hall ticket/admit card can be downloaded from the website. The admit card will be released in the third week of April 2018. It is mandatory to bring the admit card in the examination centre. Admit card contains the details of the aspirants such as venue of exam, date of exam, application number & time, etc. Aspirants have to keep the admit card safe till the counselling and admission process gets completed.
KEE 2018 exam pattern is comprised of following subjects:
- Duration of exam:The examination will be of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Type of Exam:The question paper will be consisting of Objective Type Question.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative Marking:25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Subjects||Maximum Marks||Total Questions|
|Christian Values/General Ethics||10||10|
The syllabus will be comprised of subjects of qualifying examination for which candidate is applying. It will consist of 10+2 level subjects which are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & General Aptitude and Christian Values / General Ethics.
Karunya University will conduct the online entrance test and counselling for spot admission in around twenty seven cities of the country. Candidates have to choose exam city where they want to appear for KEE as per their convenience while filling the application form. Applicants must be very careful while selecting the exam cities as after the submission of the form, it cannot be changed under any circumstances. The name and address of KEE exam centre allotted to candidates will be mentioned in the admit card.
Entrance Exam 2018 Result:
The result of KEE will be announced by the Karunya University in the last week of April 2018. Aspirants will be able to download their rank card along with the result. The KEE 2018 results will be published in the website. Aspirants are informed to preserve their score card till the counselling procedure.
Entrance Exam 2018 Counselling:
Admission to B.Tech programme will be provided on the basis of merit through online mode only. The admission will be conducted at Karunya University Campus through the Single Window counselling process. Candidates can download their enrollment letter from the last week of June 2018 (Tentatively). The seat will be provided on the basis of the KEE 2018 merit and availability of the seat in the university. A Provisional Admission letter will be allotted to the aspirants on the same day of the counselling.
Tamil Nadu, India
Email:email@example.com, Website: http://www.karunya.edu