Kongu Engineering College Admissions 2018
Established Year: 1983
The Kongu Vellalar Institute of Technology Trust was founded in Erode district, Tamil Nadu, in October 1983 by forty one philanthropists of Kongu Vellalar Community. The Trust established Kongu Engineering College in 1984. Other institutions founded by the Trust are Kongu Polytechnic College in 1983, Kongu Arts and Science College in 1994, Kongu Industrial Training Center in 1997 and Kongu National Matriculation Higher Secondary School in 2002
he college library was established in 1984, housed in a classroom with 700 books. In 1986 when the college was shifted to its permanent building, the library occupied a lecture hall in the first floor of the main building. In 1991, it was shifted to the present building, C.D. Memorial Library, in honor of the founder Correspondent, Thiru. C. Duraisamy. In 2005, the library building was extended from five sections to 12 sections with discussion rooms, modern furniture, and air conditioning. The new building includes a hall for Video-Conferencing.The digital library has a collection of CDs and floppy disks including sources such as GRE, GMAT, TOEFL and ISI codes. In addition, 529 audio and video cassettes are available in the department libraries. It provides a number of Online Electronic Database like IEEE, ACM, ASME and ASCE online CD-ROM databases. Proquest science online journals are also available in CD-ROMs.
Hostels are located in kongu engineering college. There areMen’s Hostels, which accommodate 13000 students in single, double, Three, four bedded and six bedded rooms. A gym facility is also attached with a well maintained swimming pool. The Women’s Hostels have room for 4300 students. Women students have access to gym facilities and a newly built swimming pool inside one of these hostel premises. Individual metering service for those who want A/C facilities is also provided. Optional washing services are provided in well maintained separate washing areas.
Campus-wide computing and networking infrastructure design
Hosting the campus network operations centre and network services
Administration of computer labs
Conduct of IT Training programs
Technical support to all departments on IT enabled services
Maintenance of all hardware and software systems
Maintenance of learning resource facilities
NAAC Grade: A
- B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
- B.E in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 4 Years
- B.Tech in Food Technology, 4 Years
- B.E in Mechatronics Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
- B.E in Automobile Engineering, 4 Years
Why Join VIT University:
- Placement assistance provided
- Ranked 2nd in Tamil Nadu and 26thin India among ‘Engineering Institutes in India (including IITs and NITs)’ by Competition Success Review (CSR) Magazine in 2015
- Scholarships up to 1 crore given to deserving students every year
- Autonomous instituted
- Courses affiliated to Anna University and approved by AICTE
- NBA accredited for ECE, E&I, ME, B.E. in Civil Engineering and B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- ISO certified and IE(I) accredited
- Membership with professional bodies such as CSI, CII, IEEE and ISTE
- Choice based credit system
- MOUs with industries and institutions for research, training, guest lectures, internships etc.
- Rs.15.32 crore of research grants received from various funding agencies like AICTE, UGC, DST, CSIR, DIT, MNRE, etc.
- Faculty comprises of 143 Ph.D holders
- Dedicated placement cell\ MoUs with leading industries like Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, FL-Smidth Interacts with reputed organizations in order to arrange campus interviews for placement of final year students Arranges internship for students in leading industries Conducts in-plant training, soft skill training and assist in campus interviews Provides 150 hours of training to all eligible candidates as part of campus placement training program Arranges training program on soft skills and technical subjects for staff and students through corporates Conducts on line test for the improvement of Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and Verbal Ability
Top Recruiting Companies
- Zoho Corporation
- Polaris etc.,
At kongu engineering college companies vie with each other to be the early birds for hiring, thanks to the quality of students, past and present. Our alumni have created such a great impression in the minds of their employers through hard work, commitment and a rare sense of dedication to the profession that all our past recruiters come again and again to recruit, their off take increasing with each passing year.
ADMISSION & SELECTION PROCEDURE Admission is based on merit (marks/grades obtained in the qualifying examination-refer the Eligibility Norms) and availability of seats.
kongu engineering college Entrance Exam
About the Exam:
TNEA Important Dates 2018
The important dates of TNEA 2018 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2018 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2018
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2018|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Last week of May, 2018|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2018|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||Third week of June, 2018|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Fourth week of June, 2018|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of June, 2018|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2018. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Age Limit: Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2018
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2018
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2018 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2018
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2018 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2018 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2018, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2018 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2018)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2018
The TNEA 2018 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2018 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2018, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2018 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2018 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2018
The counselling of TNEA 2018 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2018 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2018 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2018
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2018 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2018 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
kongu engineering college
Tamil Nadu , India
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: http://www.kongu.ac.in/