Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Admission 2018
Established Year: 2002
MGMCRI – Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, is a leading medical institution in Pondicherry. Drawing its name from the great patriotic driving force, emancipator and Father of our Nation – Mahatma Gandhi, it stands upright, true to its lofty name and fame. Under affiliation to Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, a Deemed University, MGMCRI offers an amicable and academically challenging environment with an excellent reputation for teaching quality, state-of-the-art study and treatment facilities by it supportive staff. Nationally commended for its academic contributions to professional health education, our Institution serves a highly unique and culturally diverse student body and upholds excellent quality standards, academic advancement and personal growth among its students.
A modern library housed in a 3 storied building, with a carpet area of 4,000 sq. mts. Fully automated with sophisticated library management software, it offers a unique ambience. Our library provides an excellent source of information to the students as well as the academic community for their educational and research programs with an exhaustive collection of more than 15,000 books, encyclopedias, journals and reports. In addition it has an extensive collection of a wide range of electronic resources in form of online e-journals, e-books and catalogues over the DELNET. It has in-house internet and multimedia facility and the comfort of separate reading and seminar halls, with a study space for 300 students.
With timely attendance being of prime importance, our University has its own fleet of buses to facilitate safe and timely transportation of students and staff to the University Campus from and to various parts of Puducherry during the day.
The University Campus has a café to provide a quick bite for the students, staff and the visitors near the OPD counter along with a regular mess that provides sumptuous food during the working hours.
Our University campus is a home away from home for the students. Various services are provided for the students and staff to make life easy and comfortable amidst their busy schedule with provision of various facilities like STD/ISD phone booth, Internet, Photocopying, Daily Need Store, Indian Bank 24 hrs ATM along with Wi-Fi for the students and staff to stay connected and have information.
Fitness & Recreation
The campus has a well equipped Gym and Fitness Centre along with provision for indoor and outdoor games and other recreational facilities for the students and staff to keep themselves fit and relaxed, after day long toil.
Our campus has beautiful, well structured and separate hostels for Boys and Girls set in a serene atmosphere within the campus. Every hostel room is air-conditioned, spacious, ventilated and well furnished. For the good health and safety of every student in the hostel, ozone purified drinking water. Within the hostel, hygienically prepared, good quality sumptuous food is provided to the students at a very nominal price.
- Child Health ( D.Ch )
- Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases ( D.TBCD )
- Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy ( D.D )
- Radio-diagnosis ( DMRD )
- Anaesthesiology ( DA )
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology ( DGO )
- Orthopaedics ( D.ORTHO )
- Ophthalmology ( D.O )
- ENT ( DLO )
- Community medicine
- General Medicine
- Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases ( Pulmonary Medicine)
- Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- General Surgery
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Admission Procedure:
NEET UG 2018
NEET 2018 Examination is likely to be held on 6th May (Sunday) 2018. NEET 2018 Application Form will be released in the month of January 2018. It is the national level examination for admission to MBBS & BDS courses. CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is the conducting authority which organizes the NEET examination every year in various cities across the country.
Students should check the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET exam is given below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen. OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- J&K/AP/Telangana: Such candidates are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on the basis of self-declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian National candidates must have an Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
- Minimum Age: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: The maximum age limit is 25 years (for General and OBC candidates) and 30 years (for other categories) on the date of exam.
- Examination: Candidates should have qualified 12th or equivalent exam.
- Subjects: Subjects Should be Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
- 10+2 appearing students are also eligible to apply.
- Marks Required: In the qualifying exam (PCB group), students should have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% marks for general-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
NEET exam dates 2018 have been released now. In the table given below, we have mentioned the dates of NEET 2018:
|Events of NEET 2018||Dates (Announced)|
|Starts of online registration||8th February 2018 (Started)|
|Last date of online registration||9th March 2018|
|Last date to submit fee||10th March 2018|
|Form correction window||12th March to 16th March 2018|
|Release of admit card||2nd week of April 2018|
|Date of examination||6th May 2018|
|Display of OMR sheet||2nd week of May 2018|
|Display of answer key||3rd week of May 2018|
|Last date to challenge the answer key||Last week of May 2018|
|Result declaration||5th June 2018|
|Counselling starts (1st round)||12th June to 24th June 2018|
|Seat allotment result declaration||4th week of June 2018|
|Last date of Joining||3rd July 2018|
|Counselling starts (2nd round)||6th July to 12th July 2018|
|Seat allotment result declaration||3rd week of July 2018|
|Last date of Joining||22nd July 2018|
NEET UG 2018- How to Apply?
For applying online candidates need to first visit the official website of the respective authority i.e. www.cbseneet.nic.in. Before starting the application procedure please make necessary documents ready such as mode of payment, photographs etc. Now start filling your application form by inserting only genuine information.
The detailed application procedure is mentioned below:
- Students can avail the NEET 2018 Application Form via online mode only.
- Visit the official website of NEET.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression in the prescribed format.
- Make the fee payment using online and offline mode.
- After the fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1400/- (for UR & OBC) and Rs. 750/- (for SC/ST & PH).
- The fee payment can be made via online mode (debit or credit card).
- Payment can also be done through the e-challan of Syndicate, SBI, ICICI Bank or HDFC bank.
NEET UG 2018 Exam Format
The exam pattern for NEET 2018 examination is mentioned below:
- No. of Question: Total 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Exam Mode: Exam will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) subjects.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in 8 languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Mark).
- Candidates are allowed to use only Blue/Black Ball Point Pen while answering questions.
NEET Admit Card 2018
Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the NEET Admit Card. The admit card will be released in the 1st week of April 2018. The authority shall not provide the admit card by post. The NEET hall ticket will contain details like Candidate Name, Father Name, Category, Photograph, Roll Number, Exam Date & Timing, Exam centre, etc. Candidates are advised to preserve the admit card till the admission process gets over.
NEET Result 2018
The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website. Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use. A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI.
NEET Counselling 2018
Counselling Details for Seats under 15% All India Quota
Students will be able to participate in the counselling process according to their rank. Counselling for 15% All India Quota will be organized by MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode. Counselling for other than 15% All India Quota will be managed by the respective authorities.
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College
Pillaiyarkuppam, Pondicherry – 607 403,
Phone : 0413-2615449 to 2615458, Fax : 0413-2615457,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org