Prathyusha Engineering College Admission 2020
Established Year: 2001
Prathyusha Engineering College, Chennai popularly known as PEC – is a self-financed Telugu Minority Institution managed by Prathyusha Educational Trust,Chennai,approved by AICTE, affiliated to Anna University, accredited by NBA and a recipient of ISO certification, located 30 kms from Chennai Central Railway Station. The college was established in the year 2001, to promote engineering education with quality technical knowledge to all the students hailing from not only in and around Chennai, but from various districts in Tamilnadu and from neighbouring states also.
This elysium of education, is the vision of the Founder Chairman Shri.P.Raja Rao, the well-known industrialist and philanthropist, to bring world-class education into this sylvan campus.
The eye-capturing sylvan set-up and mind-captivating infrastructure with qualified, committed and experienced faculty members assisted by skilled technicians, magnificent buildings for each department with spacious smart class rooms, the fully equipped laboratories, seminar halls, incubation centre for research, industry attached laboratories, Digitized central library, Centres of excellence and Technical clubs inculcate both theoretical and practical knowledge in the students.
The playground, cafeteria, indoor playground, temple, ATM facility, medical care, the internet centre, and the care and safety provided to the students inside the campus, is a landmark in the panorama of Prathyusha Engineering College. Day scholar students transported to the college with more than 40 buses which fetch students from in and around city with comfort and safety.
- Banks Facilities
- Internet & Wi-Fi
PEC is located just 30 KMs away from Chennai Central Station on the Poonamalle – Tiruvallur road. The hostels in Prathyusha are truly a home away from home.
Personalised care, meaningful and friendly inmate interaction and a restful ambience form part of the hostel life here. Huge and well manicured lawns and paved walkways beckon the youngsters to refresh their minds. All rooms are spacious, Bright & clean with 2 beds along with study tables. The hostel mess caters to all the food & nutritional requirements of students. The menu for all meal sessions is changed regularly to provide variety. For security purposes, hostel is fully equipped with CCTV cameras along with security guard for 24 hours. Adequate drinking of water facilities is available at each floor.
- Computing Centre to surf through internet
- Air Conditioned Rooms on Demand basis
- Purified drinking water facilities through an exclusive RO plant
- STD / ISD telephone Facilities are available
- Exclusive uninterrupted study room for students after college hours
- Free Computer Lab facilities available after the class hours
- Two TV Hall available for students after study hours
- Medical facility available to sick students
- Well equipped Gym
- Yoga classes
- Indoor and Outdoor Games facility
- Heater Facility in all rest rooms
- Laundry and Ironing facility available
- News Paper Reading Room (Tamil, Telugu and English papers are available)
- Open Air Theatre programs on every weekend for the Students.
- Sweets and Juice center available for students after college hours
- Uninterrupted power supply, separate Generator for Students
The college library is occupied in the First floor Second floor and Third floor of the building. Our Library is Spacious, well ventilated well lighted with a total area of 1745 sq.m. Open Access System is followed in the library.
The library is computerized using Auto Lib Software and independently uses one server. Internet connectivity also is operated for addition of new books selected from various web-sites; in addition to routine selection and procurement process.
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue services)
- Digital Library Services
- Circulation Services
- Inter Library Loan Service
- E-Journals Access
- Anna University Question Bank
- Newspaper clipping service
B.E in Computer Science & Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electronics & Communication Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Bio-Technology, 4 Years
B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
Why Prathyusha Engineering College:
- NBA – AICTE Accredited.
- NAAC has accredited PEC with an ‘A’ grade.
- NBA accredited & Re-accredited programmes.
- 5th Rank in 2017-18 University Results among 497 Engineering Colleges in Tamilnadu.
- A well-planned and aesthetically-designed 45-acre eco-friendly campus with over 5,00,000 Sq. ft. of built-in area.
- Modern Computer labs with 1500 systems with 100 Mbps (1:1) Internet Leased Line
- Global education opportunities are imparted through MoUs with universities abroad.
- 90% placement : The Placement and Training division organises training in technical skills, communication skills, soft skills & personality development and also provides career counselling and connects campus with corporate. And ensures 100% job opportunities through campus placements.
- Extra Curricular activities to increase the physical and spiritual strength of the students are provided by Sports, Cultural, NSS, YRC, YOGA and SWATCH BHARAT Cell.
- Scholarship – SHREE SIVARAMAYYA MERIT SCHOLARSHIP for students who secure more than 8.5 CGPA in their academic performance.
- FREE EDUCATION is provided for wards of the staff members and for the school students who secure more than 90% cutt-off in +2 with a family income of Rupees one lakh per annum.
The Department of Placement, Training and Students Affairs is one of the active, Vibrant and popular Departments in Prathyusha. The Department carries out various Placement, Training and Student Welfare activities throughout the year. The Department is headed by Ex. Capt. (NCC) RG Thayakaran, M.A (Eng Litt), M.Ed., MBA, LLB as Director / Dean and assisted by Placement Officer, Coordiantors from all Department and the Placement Staff.
We have organized the following training programmes to enhance the employability skills of our students in various domains
- Infosys Campus Connect – IV Year UG Students
- NI Lab View Training – lab view Core 1, Core 2, Hardware, Webinar & Project Development, Pre Training and Exam for Clad, Clad Exam , Internship and Placement for III Year UG Students
- Digital manufacturing and Product design organized by Harita Techserv Catia/ Delmia for IV Year Mechanical Students
- Cisco Training
- Module I – Cisco Certified Network Associate routing and switching : Introduction to Networks for II & III Year Students
- Module II – Cisco Certified Network Associate (Routing and Switching) Routing Essentials for II & III Year Students
- IBM Career Education Training
- Advances Software Foundation Course for II Year UG Students
- Embedded Systems, Big Data, DB2, Mobile Application Development and Enterprise Java for III & IV Year UG Students
- NEN Training.
- Tech Mahindra
- CADD Centre
- CSS Corp
Prathyusha Engineering College offers full-time B.E / B.Tech degree programs under 7 disciplines. Candidates applying for B.E / B.Tech programs should have cleared 10+2 in science stream. Admission to any of the undergraduate programs offered by the institute is subject to merit and rank secured by the candidate in Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) 2020.
Prathyusha Engineering College, Admission 2020
About the Exam:
TNEA Important Dates 2020
The important dates of TNEA 2020 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2020 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2020
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2020|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Fourth week of May, 2020|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2020|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||First week of June, 2020|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Third week of June, 2020|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of July, 2020|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2020. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Age Limit: Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2020 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2020
The application form of TNEA 2020 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2020, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2020, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2020 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2020
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2020 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2020
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2020 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2020 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2020, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2020 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2020)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2020
The TNEA 2020 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2020 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2020, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2020 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2020 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2020
The counselling of TNEA 2020 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2020 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2020 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2020
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2020 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2020 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
Prathyusha Engineering College
Poonamallee, Tiruvallur road,
Tiruvallur – 602025.
Tel : +91 9843192763, +91 8124353784
Email: email@example.com, Website: prathyusha.edu.in