PSNA College of Engineering and Technology Admission 2020
Established Year: 1984
Kalvithanthai Shri. R. S. Kothandaraman, Visionary, Philanthropist, Educationist and Pioneer chose the location on Dindigul – Palani Highway in TamilNadu, India and established the PSNA College of Engineering & Technology in 1984 with a vision to provide world-class engineering education. It is a quality technical institution matching International standards. It has been making rapid strides in all fronts and setting new benchmarks.
Some Special Features are Listed Below:
- A sylvan campus extending to an area of 150 acres with built-up area of 11,95,548 sq.ft.
- 6511 Students, 439 Faculty members with 131 Ph.D. holders and 365 Supporting Staff members.
- Established Research Centres in collaboration with leading MNCs.
- Interdisciplinary Approach such as BioMedical Engineering and interdisciplinary projects.
- Exclusive academic block for each department with separate computer labs and department libraries.
- 5 Air-conditioned Conference Halls and 3 Air-conditioned Auditoriums.
- Excellent infrastructural facilities for sports to the extent of conducting International and National events.
- Healthcare Services
- Bank with ATM facility
- Convenience Store
The institution has 5 Gents and 2 Ladies Hostels. All the hostels are offered with Reverse Osmosis drinking water facility and zero-power cut facility. There are stationary marts and coin-phones installed for the benefit of hostel inmates. Healthcare facilities are provided to men and women students by visiting doctors. Two ambulances with Stretcher and Oxygen cylinder are available in the hostel to take care of the emergency situations of the students and staff of the institution.
The hostels also have provisions for indoor and outdoor games and other facilities like STD Booth, Photocopying, Stationery, and General store. Both Gents hostels and Ladies hostels facilitated with 50 Nos of Ubiquiti wifi access points for the benefit of the hostel inmates, to do web browsing.
- Digital Library with multimedia facilities
- NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) facility
- Reprographic, Document scanning and printing facility
- Audio visual
- Internet, E-Books, E-journals & Educational oriented videos
- Downloadable facility for previous year question papers
- OPAC (Online Public Access Cataloguing Service)
- Self Renewal and Reservation of books
- CD ROM lending
- Inter-Library loan
- Computerized indexing of library resources with Bar Code
- Standard Classification & Cataloguing of books and no books
- Back Volumes of Journals and Magazine
The library is working from 8.30 AM to 8.00 PM on weekdays and 9.00 AM to 4.30 PM on Sundays.
B.E in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
B.E in Bio-Medical Engineering, 4 Years
Why PSNA College of Engineering and Technology:
- AICTE Accredited.
- Faculty including Ph.D holders with rich experience from leading organizations and universities.
- Organizes various national and international conferences, seminars, workshops, colloquia, contests, training programs, etc.
- Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai.
- Accredited with ‘A’ grade by NAAC
- Research Excellence in all Departments being recognized as research centres by Anna University, Chennai.
- All UG Programmes along with MBA and MCA are accredited by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi.
Training & Placement Cell is one of the important organs of PSNACET. It helps to link the aptitude, aspiration, and knowledge of every student to get employed. It also provides support to entrepreneurship development. Challenged by the gap in demand-supply, it evolves itself to address them.
- Well furnished air-conditioned Rooms
- Air-conditioned Halls with state-of-the-art Audio-visual support system
- Computer Laboratories with latest Software applications
- Tailor-made books and reference materials
- Excellent guesthouse with modern amenities
- Accord Software & Systems Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
- AIG Systems Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Chennai
- Algrain Products (P) Ltd., Hosur
- Allsec Technologies, Chennai
- AMRA Associates, Chennai
- Aryans Infoway (P) Ltd., Trivandrum
- Aztec Software Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
- B.M. Sornam Pillai & Sons, Dindigul.
- Cadd Centre, Dindigul
- Caritor India Pvt. Ltd., Chennai
- CCC Ltd., Chennai
- Celetronix India Pvt. Ltd., Chennai
- Cetex Petrochemicals Ltd. Chennai
- Cethar Vessels Limited, Trichy
- Chamundi Diecasting Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore.
- CISC Technology Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Ltd., Chennai
- Consolidated Construction Consortium Ltd., Chennai
- Crompton Greaves Ltd., Chennai
- CSM Software Pvt. Ltd., Chennai
- Data Patterns India Pvt. Ltd., Chennai (Indus Teqsite Pvt. Ltd.)
- Digipi Microsystems, Chennai
PSNA College of Engineering and Technology offers full-time B.E / B.Tech degree programs under 7 disciplines. Candidates applying for B.E / B.Tech programs should have cleared 10+2 in science stream. Admission to any of the undergraduate programs offered by the institute is subject to merit and rank secured by the candidate in Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) 2020.
PSNA College of Engineering and Technology, Admission 2020
About the Exam:
TNEA Important Dates 2020
The important dates of TNEA 2020 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2020 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2020
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2020|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Fourth week of May, 2020|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2020|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||First week of June, 2020|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Third week of June, 2020|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of July, 2020|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2020. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Age Limit: Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2020 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2020
The application form of TNEA 2020 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2020, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2020, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2020 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2020
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2020 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2020
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2020 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2020 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2020, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2020 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2020)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2020
The TNEA 2020 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2020 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2020, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2020 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2020 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2020
The counselling of TNEA 2020 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2020 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2020 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2020
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2020 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2020 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
PSNA College of Engineering and Technology
Toll free number : 1800 425 4264
Phone : 0451-2554032,2554349, 2554401,2554402
Fax No :0451- 2554249
Email id : firstname.lastname@example.orgTamil Nadu 624622
Phone: 0451 255 4032, Website: psnacet.edu.in