SRM University Katankulathur Campus Admissions 2019
Established Year: 1985
SRM University Admission, Eligibility, Application Process
The SRM University (Sri sri Ramaswamy Memorial University), formerly SRM Institute of Science and Technology, is a deemed university in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It was founded in 1985 as SRM Engineering College in Kattankulathur, under University of Madras. It has 7 campuses, 4 in Tamil Nadu—Kattankulathur,Ramapuram, Vadapalani, Tiruchchirappalli and others in NCR, Sonepat and Gangtok. The institute gained deemed status during the 2003-2004 academic year and was renamed SRM Institute of Science and Technology. It became SRM University in 2006, when it attained the status of a full-fledged university, under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956
SRM University Katankulathur Campus
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Modern lecture halls and smart classrooms
- Transport facilities
- Well-equipped computer laboratory
- Air-conditioned auditorium with seating capacity of over 4,000 people
- Fully air-conditioned and automated library stocked with various books of various branches of Engineering and Technology, Medical and Health Sciences and Science and Humanities and equipped with RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology
- Sports facilities like Swimming Pool, Hockey, Football, Cricket, Tennis and indoor games are available
- 15 spacious and hygienic canteens
- Medical facility available
- In-campus 3-star SRM Hotel with swimming pool, banquet halls
SRM University has an excellent library for the benefit of students, faculties and researchers. As one of the best established libraries according to International Standards, the University Library has a large collection of books covering various branches of Engineering and Technology, Medical and Health Sciences and Science and Humanities and its related fields.
The library is located in the 15-Storey University Administrative Block, and is spread over Ground + 3 floors of 1.50 Lakh sq ft area. The library building is
- Fully air-conditioned and automated with RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology
- Well protected with fire alarms and CCTV security systems
- Equipped with reading halls in all the floors, with reference collection
Many Students consider quality of life as one of the important factors while choosing a College/University. We at SRM provide you a decent stay and the best possible learning environment. The stay at campus would certainly provide a wealth of experience by developing qualities such as comradeship and social responsibility. We provide services to the students from almost all corners of India and from many countries across the globe.
Students staying at SRM hostels are provided with considerable options of food, for there are many mess halls in the campus. Students can choose North Indian or South Indian menu and to the benefit of the international students the hostel also offers multi-cuisine dining facility providing Thai, Chinese and continental foods.
Life on-campus helps the students not only to study but also to socialize with the peers. Friendship formed in the campus lasts a lifetime. SRM provides a comfortable and safe housing to all its students. The students housed in the campus are encouraged to use the gymnasium, playground and all indoor gaming facilities.
- Clubs & Culture
- Student Development Activities
- Robotics Club
- Total Quality Management
NAAC Grade: B+
Undergraduate Courses Offered:
|Kattankulathur Campus, Chennai area|
|BA – Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication (3 years)#|
|LL.B ( 3 years)|
|B.A. LL.B (Hons) (5 years)|
|B.Com. LL.B (Hons) (5 years)|
|BCA – Bachelor of Computer Application (3 years)#|
|B.Com – Bachelor of Commerce (3 years)#|
|Information System and Management|
|B.Sc. – Bachelor of Science (3 Years)#|
|Hotel and Catering Management|
Postgraduate Courses Offered:
|Kattankulathur Campus, Chennai area|
|MA – Master of Arts ( 2 Years)|
|Journalism and Mass Communication|
|M.C.A – Master of Computer Application ( 3 years)|
|M.C.A Lateral Entry (Duration 2 years)|
|M.Com Commerce (2 Years)|
|M.Sc – Master of Science ( 2 Years)|
|M.Phil – Physical Education (2 Years – Part Time)|
|Courses offered in Kattankulathur Campus, Chennai area|
|Diploma in Teaching Education ( 2 Years)|
|Diploma in Hotel Management ( 3 Years)|
SRM University Placement Cell has excelled in all its endeavours and the students who have excelled academically and aspired for admission in SRM University will leave the campus with best offers. We started a dedicated placement cell headed by a senior person. The strengths of the Department are:
- Self-learning and evolving.
For B.Tech Program:
The admission will be purely on the basis of the performance in the SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) conducted by SRM University
The candidates short-listed based on their performance in the entrance examination will be called for the counseling to be held at the SRM University premises in Kattankulathur 603 203, Chennai
For B. Arch. Program
- Admission to B.Arch. program will be based on the aggregate of marks secured in the qualifying examination & NATA score
- The meritorious candidate list will be drawn giving 50% weightage to aggregate of marks secured in Engish and Maths & 50% weightage to NATA score
- Based on the ranking, admissions will be offered to the candidate.
- Admission to various programs in Health Sciences will be on the basis of the performance in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates short-listed based on their merit will be called for the counseling to be held at the SRM University premises in Kattankulathur – 603 203, Chennai.
SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) for B.Tech is common for SRM Group of Universities viz., SRM University
Application Applying to SRM is simple with following options:
OPTION 1: Apply online with e-payment.
OPTION 2: Fill the OMR form and send to us by safe means.
OPTION 3: Apply online using unique voucher code and relevant instructions
SRM University Katankulathur Campus Entrance Exam 2019:
About the Exam:
SRM University has released SRMJEEE application form 2018 on November 1, 2019 in online mode. Aspiring candidates must start filling the application and submit it on or before March 31, 2019 which is the last date for application filling and submission. Earlier, the university had announced important dates of SRMJEEE 2019. The entrance examination of SRMJEEE 2019 will be conducted by SRM University in from Apri 16 to April 30, 2019. All admissions into the 7,000 undergraduate engineering seats offered by the four campuses of SRMJEEE 2019 will be done on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam..
What’s new in SRMJEEE 2019?
- Eligibility criteria of SRM Ghaziabad (NCR) campus have reduced the aggregate 50% in PCM for 2019 whereas last year the eligibility criteria in the qualifying exam for the campus was 55%.
- The application fees of SRMJEEE 2019 has been raised to Rs. 1100
- Aadhaar Card has to be scanned and uploaded by the candidates
SRMJEEE Important Dates 2019
|Application Form of SRMJEEE 2019 starts||October 27, 2018 (Started)|
|Online Application Form deadline||March 31, 2019|
|Last date for receipt of OMR application||March 1, 2019|
|Availability of mock test||January 30, 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Offline Application Form (For Remote States)||First week of March, 2019|
|Application Correction Window||April 5 to 10, 2019|
|SRMJEEE 2019 Slot Booking||April 6, 2019|
|SRMJEEE 2019 Hall Ticket||April 6, 2019|
|SRMJEEE 2019 Exam||April 15 to 25, 2019|
|Result of SRMJEEE 2019||April 28, 2019|
|Counselling of SRMJEEE 2019 – Phase I (offline)||First week of May to Third week of May 2019|
|Counselling of SRMJEEE 2019 – Phase II (online)||Third week of May 2019|
|Commencement of Academic Session||Third week of July 2019|
Some important SRMJEE eligibility criteria for the engineering course given below: SRMJEEE Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Nationality: Indian, NRI and PIO & OCI card holder issued by the government of India are eligible to apply.
- Age: For UG courses, DOB should fall between 1st July 1997 and 1st July 2002 and for PG courses, DOB should fall between 1st July 1993 and 1st July 1998.
SRMJEEE Application Form 2019
SRMJEEE 2019 application form is now available in online mode from November 1, 2018. All candidates who wish to pursue their B.Tech studies in SRM University have to fill the application form with the required information and submit it before March 31, 2019. All details provided in the SRMJEEE 2019 application form have to be valid. The candidates must follow the given five steps to fill the application form of SRMJEEE 2019:
Step 1 – Registration
Step 2 – Login
Step 3 – Filling the application form
Step 4 – Uploading Scanned Documents
Step 5 – Payment of Application Fees
Step 1 – Registration: Firstly, the candidates have to register themselves to fill the application form. Name, date of birth, email ID and the phone number of the candidates have to be entered during the registration process. The user ID and password will be sent to the registered email ID of the candidates.
Step 2 – Login: Using the received user ID and password, the candidates have to log into their accounts to fill and submit the SRMJEEE 2019 application form.
Step 3 – Filling the application form: After successfully logging into their accounts, the candidates have to fill the application form of SRMJEEE 2019. Personal, academic and contact information have to be submitted in the application form. All details have to be corresponding to the documents possessed by the candidates.
Step 4 – Uploading Scanned Documents: The photograph and signature of the candidates as per the required specifications have to be uploaded. The candidates will not be able to proceed further without uploading the documents required.
Step 5 – Payment of Application Fees: The candidates have to pay the application fees after uploading the documents. The payment can be done through e-payment or unique voucher code. After payment, the candidates will have to download and print out the filled in SRMJEEE 2019 application form.
Application Fees of SRMJEEE 2019: Rs. 1,100
SRMJEEE Exam Centres 2019
The exam centres of SRMJEEE 2019 are the venue where the entrance examination will be held. The candidates will be able to select their three preferred examination centres while filling the online application form of SRMJEEE 2019. The examination will also be held in 5 international cities. The candidates will be able to choose their preferred venue from the 116 test centres available across 29 states of India. Once the examination centre is selected, it cannot be changed under any circumstances.
SRMJEEE Exam Pattern 2019
- Mode: Entrance examination will be held only through online mode.
- Language: Question paper will be published in English language.
- Negative marking: There will be no provision for negative marking.
- Duration: The total time provided for the whole exam is 2:30 hours.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology.
- Question Type: Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be given to candidates for correct answer.
Subjects Number of Questions Marks/Question Marks Part 1 – Physics 35 3 105 Part 2 – Chemistry 35 3 105 Part 3 – Mathematics 35 3 105 Part 4 – Biology 50 2.1 Total Marks 315
SRMJEEE Syllabus 2019
The syllabus of SRMJEEE 2019 will consist of all the subjects and topics that the candidate will have to prepare for the entrance examination. The candidates are advised to refer to the SRMJEEE 2019 syllabus to know where the questions for the examination will originate from. The preparation of the candidates can also be boosted with the help of the syllabus. By checking the subject wise syllabus of SRMJEEE 2019, the candidates will be able to prepare well of the entrance examination.
SRMJEEE Slot Booking 2019
All registered candidates can book their slots for the examination from the third week of March 2019. It is mandatory for all candidates to book their preferred slots within the specified time otherwise the hall ticket will not be generated and the candidates will not be allowed to attempt the examination. SRMJEEE 2019 slot booking will be done in online mode where the candidates will be able to select their preferred slot among the multiple slots available for various days. Slot allotment will be done on the basis of first-come-first-serve. After successfully booking their slots, the candidates will be able to download their hall ticket
Steps for SRMJEEE 2019 Slot Booking
- The candidates will have to login using their email ID and password.
- Slot booking process has to be completed.
- The candidates will have to select their preferred examination slot.
- After booking their slots, the candidates will have to download the hall ticket.
- Print out of the downloaded hall ticket has to be taken.
SRMJEEE Result 2019
The result of SRMJEEE 2019 will be announced on May 3, 2019 in online mode. The All India Rank of the candidates along with their obtained scores will be present in the SRMJEEE 2019 result. The candidates will not be allowed to challenge the released result of SRMJEEE 2019 as it will be checked and scrutinized with a lot of attention. The result will also be sent to the registration email ID and mobile number of the candidates. Merit list will also be published by the authorities where the candidates will be ranked according to their merit.
Steps to Check SRMJEEE 2019 Result
- The candidates will have to submit their SRMJEEE 2019 application number, applied programme for and date of birth.
- After submitting the above details, the result of SRMJEEE 2019 will be displayed on the screen along with the All India Ranks.
- The result has to be downloaded and printed out for future use.
SRMJEEE Cutoff 2019
The minimum marks required to be eligible for allotment into SRM University will be available in the cutoff of SRMJEEE 2019. The concerned authorities will determine the SRMJEEE 2019 cutoff after considering a variety of factors related to the entrance examination. The prepared cutoff will act as a screening procedure for admissions into the institute. Those candidates who meet the determined cutoff will likely be allotted seats into the four campuses of SRM University. The cutoff will be different as per the category and course selected by the candidates.
SRMJEEE Counselling 2019
The first round of SRMJEEE 2019 counselling will be held in offline mode tentatively from the second week of May to the third week of May 2019. All of those candidates whose names are listed in the merit list will have to download their counselling letter and report at the SRM University campus as per the allotted timings. During counselling, the original documents will be verified by the authorities. The candidates will be allotted according to their ranking, category and preferred options. The allotted candidates will have to confirm their admission by reporting at their allotted institute to pay the tuition fees.
The second round of counselling will be held in online mode and the candidates will have to register themselves and select their options online. The allotment result will also be released online for the second round.
SRM University, SRM Nagar,
Kattankulathur – 603203.
Phone: 044 – 27452767, (D) 27417000 Extn.7303
Mobile: +91 9940036017