SRM UniversityAdmission 2020
Established Year: 1985
SRM University Admission, Eligibility, Application Process
The SRM University (Sri Ramaswamy Memorial University), formerly SRM Institute of Science and Technology, is a deemed university in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It was founded in 1985 as SRM Engineering College in Kattankulathur, under University of Madras. It has 7 campuses, 4 in Tamil Nadu—Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani, Tiruchchirappalli and others in NCR, Sonepat and Gangtok. The institute gained deemed status during the 2003-2004 academic year and was renamed SRM Institute of Science and Technology. It became SRM University in 2006, when it attained the status of a full-fledged university, under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. SRM University is one of the top ranking universities in India with over 55,000 students and more than 3600 faculty across all the campuses, offering a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in Engineering, Management, Medicine and Health sciences, and Science and Humanities.
SRM University has an excellent library for the benefit of students, faculties and researchers. As one of the best established libraries according to International Standards, the University Library has a large collection of books covering various branches of Engineering and Technology, Medical and Health Sciences and Science and Humanities and its related fields.
The library is located in the 15-Storey University Administrative Block, and is spread over Ground + 3 floors of 1.50 Lakh sq ft area.
Level 1 : Engineering and Technology: Text & Reference books, Periodicals, Reading Hall 1&2, Circulation Counter, Librarian, Office and Cafeteria.
Level 2 : Computer Science and Life Sciences: Text and Reference Books, Reading Hall 3&4, Own Book & Discussion Hall and Digital Library.
Level 3 : Science & Humanities: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Management & Literature Text and Reference Books.
Level 4 : Thesis & Dissertations, Bound Volumes, Competitive Exam Books, Conference Hall, SC/ ST Book Bank, Reading Hall.
Students staying at SRM hostels are provided with considerable options of food, for there are many mess halls in the campus. Students can choose North Indian or South Indian menu and to the benefit of the international students the hostel also offers multi-cuisine dining facility providing Thai, Chinese and continental foods.
Life on-campus helps the students not only to study but also to socialize with the peers. Friendship formed in the campus lasts a lifetime. SRM provides a comfortable and safe housing to all its students. The students housed in the campus are encouraged to use the gymnasium, playground and all indoor gaming facilities.
- 42 blocks, spread over 250 acres
- The 3-star SRM Hotel with swimming pool, banquet halls
- A Central Library with vast resources
- Air-conditioned auditorium that can accommodate over 4,000 people
- Information Technology and Knowledge Management supporting over 5,000 computer systems and IT applications of the University
- Internet Connection – a dedicated leased line that keeps information flowing rapidly at 32 megabytes per second
- Modern Lecture Halls & “Smart Classrooms”
- Wireless-enabled lab and campus
- Language Lab – specializing in English, German, Japanese, French & Chinese
- Around 40 Buses – AC & non-AC – that ply regularly between the college and the city
- 15 Canteens – from fast-food to full-fledged cafeterias, spread throughout the campus
- Retail outlets – Higginbothams book store, Airtel phone booths, Reynolds teller machines, Super Markets, Reliance Webworld with Java Cafe – all within the campus
- Prayer halls for all major religions.
- 12 Mbps internet connectivity
- Smart Classrooms
- Lecture Halls
- Conference Halls
- Air conditioned Auditorium
- 8 Mbps internet leased line
- A General Hospital with 150 beds
- Separate hostels for men and women
- 25 buses
- Banking and DTP facilities
NAAC Grade: A
|B.Tech.||Automobile Engineering||KTR, NCR|
|B.Tech.||Civil Engineering||KTR, RMP, NCR|
|B.Tech.||Computer Science and Engineering||KTR, RMP, VDP, NCR|
|B.Tech.||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||KTR, RMP, NCR|
|B.Tech.||Electronics and Communication Engineering||KTR, RMP, VDP, NCR|
|B.Tech.||Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||KTR|
|B.Tech.||Information Technology||KTR, RMP, NCR|
|B.Tech.||Mechanical Engineering||KTR, RMP, VDP, NCR|
Why Join SRM University:
- Top 75 Private Engineering Institutes Ranking – SRM University is Placed No.1
- Top 150 Engineering Institutes Ranking – SRM University is Placed No.5
- Region Wise Ranking Survey – South: SRM University is Placed No.1
- SRM University Placed First in Deemed & Private Universities Ranking
- SRM School of Business Management Ranked among Top 5 in South India
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai is ranked no: 1 in the “Top
- 50 Private Engineering Institutes in India” by Times Engineering 2015, The Times of India.
- The week magazine has ranked SRM University as No: 2 among the private Universities.
- SRM is ranked India’s No.1 by India Today(Factual Ranking 2013)
Being ranked No.1 Private University in India has brought great pride and renewed sense of purpose at SRM University. New faculty buildings, cutting edge courses, study abroad programs, dual degree programs, completely Wi – Fi campus with state – of – the – art facilities and foreign faculty members have placed the university on the fast track to being truly world – class.
Training and Placement Cell is an integral part of our University. The university has provided the complete infrastructure for effective functioning of the cell. Training activities are organized throughout the year in an effort towardspreparing the prospective students for the campus selection programmes
The highest offer was from Wipro 1641, followed by TCS 1611, Cognizant 1506 and Infosys 1306. This is the first time in India that four companies have offered 6064 jobs, hiring more than 1,300 students each from a single institution.
There was a clutch of super dream companies offering jaw dropping packages like D.E.Shaw India Rs. 18 lacs per annum, Amazon Rs. 16 lacs, Goldman Sachs Rs 14 lacs, and Amadeus Rs 8 lacs. Think @ Learn, System Insights Rs. 7 lacs, and ThoughtWorks Rs 6.8 lacs; Dell, GE, and Flipkart were at Rs. 6 lacs.
At SRM University, companies vie with each other to be the early birds for hiring, thanks to the quality of students, past and present. Our alumni have created such a great impression in the minds of their employers through hard work, commitment and a rare sense of dedication to the profession that all our past recruiters come again and again to recruit, their off take increasing with each passing year.
Mode of Admission
|SRMJEEE||U.G||University Level Exam/Admission|
|NATA||U.G||National Level Exam/Admission|
|SRMGEET||P.G||University Level Exam/Admission|
|GATE||P.G||National Level Exam/Admission|
|TANCET||P.G||State Level Exam/Admission|
SRM University Admissions 2020
SRM University Entrance Exam 200
About the Exam:
SRM University has released SRMJEEE application form 2020 on 16 Dec, 2019 – 30 Mar, 2020 in online mode. Aspiring candidates must start filling the application and submit it on or before March 31, 2020 which is the last date for application filling and submission. Earlier, the university had announced important dates of SRMJEEE 2020. The entrance examination of SRMJEEE 2020 will be conducted by SRM University in from 12 Apr, 2020 – 20 Apr, 2020 (Tentative). All admissions into the 7,000 undergraduate engineering seats offered by the four campuses of SRMJEEE 2020 will be done on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam..
What’s new in SRMJEEE 2020?
- Eligibility criteria of SRM Ghaziabad (NCR) campus have reduced the aggregate 50% in PCM for 2018 whereas last year the eligibility criteria in the qualifying exam for the campus was 55%.
- The application fees of SRMJEEE 2020 has been raised to Rs. 1100
- Aadhaar Card has to be scanned and uploaded by the candidates
SRMJEEE Important Dates 2020
|1||Availability of Application Form for SRMJEEE 2020||Dec 16, 2020|
|2||Final Date to Fill and Submit Application Form||March 30, 2020|
|3||Start of Slot Booking Process||01 Apr, 2020 (Tentative)|
|5||SRMJEEE 2020 Examination||April 12 to April 20, 2020|
|6||Result of SRMJEEE 2020||April 28, 2020|
|7||Offline Counselling of SRMJEEE 2018||Third week of May to Third week of May 2020|
|8||Online Counselling of SRMJEEE 2018||Last week of May 2020 onwards|
SRMJEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020
Before registrations, all candidates are requested to read the eligibility criteria of SRMJEEE 2020 in detail. The candidates will be required to meet certain criteria which are set by the concerned authorities for admissions into the institute.
SRMJEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
|1||Age||Only candidates born between July 1, 1997 to July 1, 2002 are eligible.|
|2||Nationality||Indian nationals or Non-Resident Indian (NRI), holder of PIO or OCI card issued by the Government of India will be termed eligible for admissions.|
|3||Qualifying Marks||For Kattankulathar campus, candidates need to have secured 60% aggregate marks in PCM, while for Ramapur, Sonepat, Vadapalani and Ghaziabad (NCR) campuses, the candidates should have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCM. For SRM Amaravati campus, the candidates need to secure 75% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam in PCM.|
|4||Academic Qualification for B.Tech Programmes||· The candidates should have qualified or appearing for 10+2 (or equivalent) examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as major subjects from any recognized board.· International Baccalaureate (IB) A-Level with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as major subjects in any International schools within India.|
|4||Academic Qualification for B.Tech
Biomedical Engineering and B.Tech Genetic Engineering
|· Should have qualified or appearing in their 10+2 (or equivalent) exam in the current academic year with Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics or Biology or Biotechnology as major subjects from any recognized board. Candidates who have not studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in class 11th and 12th, would be eligible only for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering programmes.· International Baccalaureate (IB) with Diploma, or A-Level with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology as major subjects in any International schools within India.|
|5||Academic Qualification for Direct Admission||· Direct admission is open to the top rank holders of central and state board of examinations.· Those candidates who are among the top 1000 rankers in IIT JEE will be eligible for direct admissions.
· Top rankers in each district of Tamil Nadu and exemplary sports person at National and International level will also be eligible for direct admissions.
Note: Only those Candidates who have passed the above-mentioned qualifying exams in not more than 2 attempts including the appearance for improvement will be considered for admission.
SRMJEEE Application Form 2020
SRMJEEE 2020 application form is now available in online mode from Dec 16, 2019. All candidates who wish to pursue their B.Tech studies in SRM University have to fill the application form with the required information and submit it before March 30, 2019. All details provided in the SRMJEEE 2020 application form have to be valid. The candidates must follow the given five steps to fill the application form of SRMJEEE 2020:
Step 1 – Registration
Step 2 – Login
Step 3 – Filling the application form
Step 4 – Uploading Scanned Documents
Step 5 – Payment of Application Fees
Step 1 – Registration: Firstly, the candidates have to register themselves to fill the application form. Name, date of birth, email ID and the phone number of the candidates have to be entered during the registration process. The user ID and password will be sent to the registered email ID of the candidates.
Step 2 – Login: Using the received user ID and password, the candidates have to log into their accounts to fill and submit the SRMJEEE 2018 application form.
Step 3 – Filling the application form: After successfully logging into their accounts, the candidates have to fill the application form of SRMJEEE 2018. Personal, academic and contact information have to be submitted in the application form. All details have to be corresponding to the documents possessed by the candidates.
Step 4 – Uploading Scanned Documents: The photograph and signature of the candidates as per the required specifications have to be uploaded. The candidates will not be able to proceed further without uploading the documents required.
Step 5 – Payment of Application Fees: The candidates have to pay the application fees after uploading the documents. The payment can be done through e-payment or unique voucher code. After payment, the candidates will have to download and print out the filled in SRMJEEE 2018 application form.
Application Fees of SRMJEEE 2018: Rs. 1,100
SRMJEEE Exam Centres 2020
The exam centres of SRMJEEE 2020 are the venue where the entrance examination will be held. The candidates will be able to select their three preferred examination centres while filling the online application form of SRMJEEE 2020 . The examination will also be held in 5 international cities. The candidates will be able to choose their preferred venue from the 116 test centres available across 29 states of India. Once the examination centre is selected, it cannot be changed under any circumstances.
SRMJEEE Exam Pattern 2020
All candidates are requested to check the exam pattern of SRMJEEE 2020 in detail to know the pattern of the examination. SRMJEEE 2020 will be an online examination and all candidates will be required to qualify the exam to proceed for the counselling and seat allotment process.
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Pattern
|1||Mode of Examination||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|2||Language of Examination||English|
|3||Duration of Examination||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|4||Type of Questions||Objective (Multiple Choice Questions). Each MCQ should have one choice as the correct answer out of the four given.|
|5||Subjects||· Physics – 35 Questions
· Chemistry – 35 Questions
· Mathematics – 35 Questions
|6||Total Number of Questions||105 Questions|
|7||Marking Scheme||3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
|8||Negative Marking||There will be no negative marking|
SRMJEEE Syllabus 2020
The syllabus of SRMJEEE 2020 will consist of all the subjects and topics that the candidate will have to prepare for the entrance examination. The candidates are advised to refer to the SRMJEEE 2020 syllabus to know where the questions for the examination will originate from. The preparation of the candidates can also be boosted with the help of the syllabus. By checking the subject wise syllabus of SRMJEEE 2020 , the candidates will be able to prepare well of the entrance examination.
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus
|1||Physics||· Electronics and Communication
· Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
· Atomic Physics and Relativity
· Electricity and Magnetism
· Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
· Heat and Thermodynamics
· Oscillations and Wave Motion
· Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
· Units and Measurement
|2||Chemistry||· Chemistry in Everyday Life
· Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
· Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
· Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
· Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
· Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis
· Chemical Equilibrium
· Chemical Thermodynamics
· Chemical Energetics
· Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
· Atomic Structure
· Chemical Families – Periodic Properties
· States of Matter
· Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
· Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
· Vector Algebra
· Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
· Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
· Circles in Two Dimensions
· Differential Equations
· Integral Calculus
· Applications of Differential Calculus
· Differential Calculus
· Sequences and Series
· Binomial Theorem and its Applications
· Mathematical Induction and its Applications
· Permutations and Combinations
· Quadratic Equations
· Applications of Matrices and Determinants
· Matrices and Determinants
· Complex Numbers
· Sets, Relations and Functions
SRMJEEE Slot Booking 2020
All registered candidates can book their slots for the examination from 01 Apr, 2020 (Tentative). It is mandatory for all candidates to book their preferred slots within the specified time otherwise the hall ticket will not be generated and the candidates will not be allowed to attempt the examination. SRMJEEE 2020 slot booking will be done in online mode where the candidates will be able to select their preferred slot among the multiple slots available for various days. Slot allotment will be done on the basis of first-come-first-serve. After successfully booking their slots, the candidates will be able to download their hall ticket
Steps for SRMJEEE 2020 Slot Booking
- The candidates will have to login using their email ID and password.
- Slot booking process has to be completed.
- The candidates will have to select their preferred examination slot.
- After booking their slots, the candidates will have to download the hall ticket.
- Print out of the downloaded hall ticket has to be taken.
SRMJEEE Hall Ticket 2020
The hall ticket of SRMJEEE 2020 will be made available after the slots have been successfully booked by the candidates. If the candidates fail to book their slots, then the hall ticket will not be generated. SRMJEEE 2020 hall ticket is an important document which has to be presented at the examination venue. Failure to bring the hall ticket to the exam centre lead to the candidates not being able to attempt the examination. The hall ticket will consist of the candidate details like his/her name, photograph, address of examination venue, timings and more.
SRMJEEE Answer Key 2020
SRM University will not be releasing the official answer key of SRMJEEE 2020 . No official answer key of SRMJEEE 2020 has been released till now. However, the unofficial answer key of SRMJEEE 2020 may be published for the candidates to calculate their probable secured scores.
SRMJEEE Rank Predictor 2020
The candidates will be able to calculate their probable secured ranks by using the rank predictor of SRMJEEE 2020. The following steps can be followed to use SRMJEEE 2020 rank predictor:
- To access SRMJEEE 2020 rank predictor .
- The candidates will have to login using their official Google or Facebook account.
- The hall ticket number, 12thstandard marks, expected marks and difficulty level will have to be provided.
- The probable ranks of the candidates will be displayed on the screen.
SRMJEEE Result 2020
The result of SRMJEEE 2020 will be announced on April 28, 2020 in online mode. The All India Rank of the candidates along with their obtained scores will be present in the SRMJEEE 2020 result. The candidates will not be allowed to challenge the released result of SRMJEEE 2020 as it will be checked and scrutinized with a lot of attention. The result will also be sent to the registration email ID and mobile number of the candidates. Merit list will also be published by the authorities where the candidates will be ranked according to their merit.
Steps to Check SRMJEEE 2020 Result
- The candidates will have to submit their SRMJEEE 2020 application number, applied programme for and date of birth.
- After submitting the above details, the result of SRMJEEE 2020 will be displayed on the screen along with the All India Ranks.
- The result has to be downloaded and printed out for future use.
SRMJEEE College Predictor 2020
By using the SRMJEEE 2020 college predictor, the candidates will be able to shortlist which colleges he/she will be eligible for based on their secured scores and ranks. The given steps can be followed to use the college predictor of SRMJEEE 2020 .
- To use SRMJEEE 2020 college predictor.
- Login using official Google and Facebook account.
- The candidates will have to submit their SRMJEEE rank, preferred branches and location.
- The list of colleges eligible for admission will be displayed on the screen.
SRMJEEE Cutoff 2020
The minimum marks required to be eligible for allotment into SRM University will be available in the cutoff of SRMJEEE 2020. The concerned authorities will determine the SRMJEEE 2020 cutoff after considering a variety of factors related to the entrance examination. The prepared cutoff will act as a screening procedure for admissions into the institute. Those candidates who meet the determined cutoff will likely be allotted seats into the four campuses of SRM University. The cutoff will be different as per the category and course selected by the candidates.
SRMJEEE Counselling 2020
The first round of SRMJEEE 2020 counselling will be held in offline mode tentatively from the second week of May to the third week of May 2020. All of those candidates whose names are listed in the merit list will have to download their counselling letter and report at the SRM University campus as per the allotted timings. During counselling, the original documents will be verified by the authorities. The candidates will be allotted according to their ranking, category and preferred options. The allotted candidates will have to confirm their admission by reporting at their allotted institute to pay the tuition fees.
The second round of counselling will be held in online mode and the candidates will have to register themselves and select their options online. The allotment result will also be released online for the second round.
Documents to be Submitted for Verification:
- Counselling Letter of SRMJEEE 2020
- SRMJEEE 2020 Hall Ticket
- 10thStandard Mark Sheet
- 10+2thStandard (or equivalent) Examination Mark Sheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Demand Draft for the tuition fee specified in the counselling letter. The draft should be drawn in the favour of “SRMIST” payable at Chennai.
SRM Nagar, Potheri, Kattankulathur
Kancheepuram District, Near Potheri Railway Station,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 603203
Phone: 044 4743 7500
Fax: 044 – 27455738
E-mail : email@example.com