SRM University Ramapuram Campus Admissions 2018
Established Year: 1985
SRM University is one of the top ranking universities in India with over 20,000 students and 1,500 faculty, offering a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in Engineering, Management, Medicine and Health sciences, Science and Humanities. Accredited by NAAC (2006-2011) and now in the process of re-accreditation. The Ramapuram Campus is the second campus of SRM University and is located at Ramapuram, Chennai. It houses three colleges, the Faculty of Engineering and Technology, SRM Dental College, and Easwari Engineering College. It also provides Bachelor of Architecture, MBA and Master of Technology courses. It occupies 30 acres of land and also has an SRM Hospital on site.
The campus has an air conditioned auditorium with a seating capacity of 750. The auditorium is equipped with public added system and in built amplifier speakers. An open auditorium with a seating capacity of 3000 is attached to the auditorium. The campus is also housed with three air conditioned Seminar Halls with a seating capacity of 200 each.
The Central Library at the Ramapuram Campus was established in 2004, when the faculty of Engineering & technology started here. The library has an excellent collection of books covering science, engineering and humanities.
The fully air-conditioned Central Library is situated in the Ground floor of Main Block with the area about 8000 sq ft. and the PG & Architecture Library located in the Ground floor of the PG block. Designed to accommodate 180 users at a time, the library has various sections such as
- Circulation Section
- Reference Section
- Book Acquisition Section
- Periodicals Section
- CD Section
- Technical Section
- Inter Library Loan
- Audio Visual Section
- Internet Section
- Desktop publishing
The entire collection of books have been divided under their respective subject headings, and classified according to Universal Decimal Classification (UDC) scheme. The Library also subscribes to numerous print & online periodicals.
It’s the first time for most students coming to live in hostel, and our accommodation facilities at the Ramapuram Campus are designed with this in mind. Fostering a student-friendly atmosphere, our hostels provide the right ambience for learning, growing and making new friends. There are separate hostels for men and women, with all the necessary facilities.
The Ramapuram Campus has three exclusive hostels for women and two for men that are well segregated geographically to ensure privacy. The floors/rooms in each hostel are allotted institution-wise to ensure easy administration. All hostels are well equipped with facilities such as
- Modern kitchens, dining halls and other services
- Hot water round the clock, through solar heaters
- Exclusive study halls in each hostel
- Separate department stores and Internet centre for men & women students
- Support facilities such as Food Courts, Canteens, DTP, Bank/ ATM, Internet, Telecom center, Super market, Sports, Entertainment/ Recreation, Halls for Gym and Yoga
There is a well equipped SRM Specialty Hospital (150 Beds) within the Campus, that functions round-the-clock, providing free treatment for the Students, Staff and the Public.
The sports event came to an end today with the felicitation ceremony of the annual sports meet of SRM University Ramapuram, Resplendence’15. The event started out with an invocation of the God by the students followed by lightening of the kuthuvilakku. The Dean welcomed the gathering and the Registrar presented the bouquet and memento to the chief guest, Mr. Ashok Kumar Dass, IPS, IGP(Economic offenses wing). The registrar then addressed the gathering stating the importance of sports and methods by which the institute inculcates values to its students by means of sports
Other facilities are listed below:
- Placement Cell
- Career Guidance Cell
- English Communication Skills Laboratory
- Teacher Guardian Scheme
- Counseling Service
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) Chapter
- Alumni Association
- Physical Education
- National Service Scheme (N.S.S.)
- News Letters
- The Cultural Association
- Literary Club
- Eco Club
- Tech Club
- Medical Facilities
- Emergency services like Causality Department, Trauma Care, ICU Services, Maternity Care, 24 hour Pharmacy, Lab Services, Ultrasound & X-Ray Facilities, Ambulance Services, Emergency Operation Facilities
- Catering Facilities
- Xerox and DTP Facilities
- Internet Center with Browsing, Voice mail, Desk Top Publications(DTP), Color/ Black and White Laser Print, Scanning, Lamination, Xerox, Spiral Binding, STD/ ISD/ PCO
NAAC Grade: A
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Architecture
- Department of English and other Foreign Languages
Top salary US $200,000 offered to NANO Researcher Mr. Shivaraman at California, USA. Nearly 100% placement of registered students: TCS, Wipro, Cognizant, Infosys, Siemens, and others.
For B.Tech Program:
The admission will be purely on the basis of the performance in the SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) conducted by SRM University
The candidates short-listed based on their performance in the entrance examination will be called for the counseling to be held at the SRM University premises in Kattankulathur 603 203, Chennai
For B. Arch. Program
- Admission to B.Arch. program will be based on the aggregate of marks secured in the qualifying examination & NATA score
- The meritorious candidate list will be drawn giving 50% weightage to aggregate of marks secured in Engish and Maths & 50% weightage to NATA score
- Based on the ranking, admissions will be offered to the candidate.
- Admission to various programs in Health Sciences will be on the basis of the performance in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates short-listed based on their merit will be called for the counseling to be held at the SRM University premises in Kattankulathur – 603 203, Chennai.
SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) for B.Tech is common for SRM Group of Universities viz., SRM University
Application Applying to SRM is simple with following options:
OPTION 1: Apply online with e-payment.
OPTION 2: Fill the OMR form and send to us by safe means.
OPTION 3: Apply online using unique voucher code and relevant instructions
SRM University Ramapuram Campus Entrance Exam:
About The Exam:
SRM University has released SRMJEEE application form 2018 on November 1, 2017 in online mode. Aspiring candidates must start filling the application and submit it on or before March 31, 2018 which is the last date for application filling and submission. Earlier, the university had announced important dates of SRMJEEE 2018. The entrance examination of SRMJEEE 2018 will be conducted by SRM University in from Apri 16 to April 30, 2018. All admissions into the 7,000 undergraduate engineering seats offered by the four campuses of SRMJEEE 2018 will be done on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam..
What’s new in SRMJEEE 2018?
- Eligibility criteria of SRM Ghaziabad (NCR) campus have reduced the aggregate 50% in PCM for 2018 whereas last year the eligibility criteria in the qualifying exam for the campus was 55%.
- The application fees of SRMJEEE 2018 has been raised to Rs. 1100
- Aadhaar Card has to be scanned and uploaded by the candidates
SRMJEEE Important Dates 2018
|1||Availability of Application Form for SRMJEEE 2018||November 1, 2017|
|2||Final Date to Fill and Submit Application Form||March 31, 2018|
|3||Start of Slot Booking Process||Third week of March 2018 onwards|
|4||SRMJEEE 2018 Hall Ticket||Third week of March 2018 onwards|
|5||SRMJEEE 2018 Examination||April 16 to April 30, 2018|
|6||Result of SRMJEEE 2018||May 3, 2018|
|7||Offline Counselling of SRMJEEE 2018||Second week of May to Third week of May 2018|
|8||Online Counselling of SRMJEEE 2018||Fourth week of May 2018 onwards|
|9||Commencement of Programme||July 16, 2018|
SRMJEEE Eligibility Criteria 2018
Some important SRMJEE eligibility criteria for the engineering course given below:
- Nationality: Indian, NRI and PIO & OCI card holder issued by the government of India are eligible to apply.
- Age: For UG courses, DOB should fall between 1st July 1997 and 1st July 2002 and for PG courses, DOB should fall between 1st July 1993 and 1st July 1998.
SRMJEEE Application Form 2018
SRMJEEE 2018 application form is now available in online mode from November 1, 2017. All candidates who wish to pursue their B.Tech studies in SRM University have to fill the application form with the required information and submit it before March 31, 2018. All details provided in the SRMJEEE 2018 application form have to be valid. The candidates must follow the given five steps to fill the application form of SRMJEEE 2018:
Step 1 – Registration
Step 2 – Login
Step 3 – Filling the application form
Step 4 – Uploading Scanned Documents
Step 5 – Payment of Application Fees
Step 1 – Registration: Firstly, the candidates have to register themselves to fill the application form. Name, date of birth, email ID and the phone number of the candidates have to be entered during the registration process. The user ID and password will be sent to the registered email ID of the candidates.
Step 2 – Login: Using the received user ID and password, the candidates have to log into their accounts to fill and submit the SRMJEEE 2018 application form.
Step 3 – Filling the application form: After successfully logging into their accounts, the candidates have to fill the application form of SRMJEEE 2018. Personal, academic and contact information have to be submitted in the application form. All details have to be corresponding to the documents possessed by the candidates.
Step 4 – Uploading Scanned Documents: The photograph and signature of the candidates as per the required specifications have to be uploaded. The candidates will not be able to proceed further without uploading the documents required.
Step 5 – Payment of Application Fees: The candidates have to pay the application fees after uploading the documents. The payment can be done through e-payment or unique voucher code. After payment, the candidates will have to download and print out the filled in SRMJEEE 2018 application form.
Application Fees of SRMJEEE 2018: Rs. 1,100
SRMJEEE Exam Centres 2018
The exam centres of SRMJEEE 2018 are the venue where the entrance examination will be held. The candidates will be able to select their three preferred examination centres while filling the online application form of SRMJEEE 2018. The examination will also be held in 5 international cities. The candidates will be able to choose their preferred venue from the 116 test centres available across 29 states of India. Once the examination centre is selected, it cannot be changed under any circumstances.
SRMJEEE Exam Pattern 2018
- Mode: Entrance examination will be held only through online mode.
- Language: Question paper will be published in English language.
- Negative marking: There will be no provision for negative marking.
- Duration: The total time provided for the whole exam is 2:30 hours.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology.
- Question Type: Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be given to candidates for correct answer.
Subjects Number of Questions Marks/Question Marks Part 1 – Physics 35 3 105 Part 2 – Chemistry 35 3 105 Part 3 – Mathematics 35 3 105 Part 4 – Biology 50 2.1 Total Marks 315
SRMJEEE Syllabus 2018
The syllabus of SRMJEEE 2018 will consist of all the subjects and topics that the candidate will have to prepare for the entrance examination. The candidates are advised to refer to the SRMJEEE 2018 syllabus to know where the questions for the examination will originate from. The preparation of the candidates can also be boosted with the help of the syllabus. By checking the subject wise syllabus of SRMJEEE 2018, the candidates will be able to prepare well of the entrance examination.
SRMJEEE Slot Booking 2018
All registered candidates can book their slots for the examination from the third week of March 2018. It is mandatory for all candidates to book their preferred slots within the specified time otherwise the hall ticket will not be generated and the candidates will not be allowed to attempt the examination. SRMJEEE 2018 slot booking will be done in online mode where the candidates will be able to select their preferred slot among the multiple slots available for various days. Slot allotment will be done on the basis of first-come-first-serve. After successfully booking their slots, the candidates will be able to download their hall ticket
Steps for SRMJEEE 2018 Slot Booking
- The candidates will have to login using their email ID and password.
- Slot booking process has to be completed.
- The candidates will have to select their preferred examination slot.
- After booking their slots, the candidates will have to download the hall ticket.
- Print out of the downloaded hall ticket has to be taken.
SRMJEEE Result 2018
The result of SRMJEEE 2018 will be announced on May 3, 2018 in online mode. The All India Rank of the candidates along with their obtained scores will be present in the SRMJEEE 2018 result. The candidates will not be allowed to challenge the released result of SRMJEEE 2018 as it will be checked and scrutinized with a lot of attention. The result will also be sent to the registration email ID and mobile number of the candidates. Merit list will also be published by the authorities where the candidates will be ranked according to their merit.
Steps to Check SRMJEEE 2018 Result
- The candidates will have to submit their SRMJEEE 2018 application number, applied programme for and date of birth.
- After submitting the above details, the result of SRMJEEE 2018 will be displayed on the screen along with the All India Ranks.
- The result has to be downloaded and printed out for future use.
SRMJEEE Cutoff 2018
The minimum marks required to be eligible for allotment into SRM University will be available in the cutoff of SRMJEEE 2018. The concerned authorities will determine the SRMJEEE 2018 cutoff after considering a variety of factors related to the entrance examination. The prepared cutoff will act as a screening procedure for admissions into the institute. Those candidates who meet the determined cutoff will likely be allotted seats into the four campuses of SRM University. The cutoff will be different as per the category and course selected by the candidates.
SRMJEEE Counselling 2018
The first round of SRMJEEE 2018 counselling will be held in offline mode tentatively from the second week of May to the third week of May 2018. All of those candidates whose names are listed in the merit list will have to download their counselling letter and report at the SRM University campus as per the allotted timings. During counselling, the original documents will be verified by the authorities. The candidates will be allotted according to their ranking, category and preferred options. The allotted candidates will have to confirm their admission by reporting at their allotted institute to pay the tuition fees.
The second round of counselling will be held in online mode and the candidates will have to register themselves and select their options online. The allotment result will also be released online for the second round.
SRM University – Ramapuram Campus,
Bharathi Salai, Ramapuram,
Chennai – 600 089
Fax : 044-30603092
Mob. : +919842916830