SRM University Vadapalani Campus Admissions 2019
Established Year: 1985
SRM University Admission, Eligibility, Application Process
SRM University is one of the top ranking universities in India with over 20,000 students and 1,500 faculty, offering a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in Engineering, Management, Medicine and Health sciences, Science and Humanities. Accredited by NAAC (2006-2011) and now in the process of re-accreditation. The Ramapuram Campus is the second campus of SRM University and is located at Ramapuram, Chennai. It houses three colleges, the Faculty of Engineering and Technology, SRM Dental College, and Easwari Engineering College. It also provides Bachelor of Architecture, MBA and Master of Technology courses. It occupies 30 acres of land and also has an SRM Hospital on site.
Campus is enabled with Wi Fi facility. All class rooms are equipped with centralized Air conditioning, LCD projectors, and ergonomic designed sitting tables for students. Campus has the corporate ambience. All the laboratories are equipped to meet the standards of engineering education which will definitely kindle innovation and research in the young minds leading to all round development
The library is the art of the academic centre at SRM University, Vadapalani Campus. It is designed to meet the information needs of SRM University community.
Library has large collections of books, CD’s, Journals and Magazines covering various branches of Engineering & Technology, Science and Humanities and its related fields
The library is located in ‘C’ block, 1st floor, ‘D’ wing covering 7500 sq.ft. area with seating capacity of 150 members. It is fully air – conditioned.
Separate hostels for Men and Women are available. Students who are desirous of staying in the hostel are advised to contact Vadapalani Campus Office (C-Block).
- Men –Rs. 98,000/- p.a (For boarding, accommodation & transport)
DD should be drawn in favour of SRMIST payable at CHENNAI
Men’s hostel is located at Ramapuram & Virugambakkam, a few kms away from Vadapalani campus. University bus will be operated for the hostel boys to commute between respective boys hostel and Vadapalani Campus.
- Women(For accommodation and transport) – Rs. 55,000/- (Non – attached bath), Rs. 60,000/- (Attached bath)
DD should be drawn in favour of SRM HOSTELS payable at CHENNAI
University bus will be operated for the hostel girls to commute between Ramapuram Girls Hostel and Vadapalani Campus.
Women (For boarding) – Rs. 48,000/- p.a
DD should be drawn in favour of SRM GOOD FOODS payable at CHENNAI
- Clubs & Culture
- Student Development Activities
- Robotics Club
- Total Quality Management
NAAC Grade: A
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Master of Computer Application
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of English
- Department of Foreign Languages
- MBA Program
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Computer Applications
- Department of English
SRM Research Institute, a unit of the university, has been established to catalyze proactive applied research to help solve industry’s technical problems and is positioned to address and contribute to the market and society needs.
The goals of the research institute, in general, are to
- Publish papers in refereed International Journals and Conferences
- File patent applications in market-dependent countries
- Assert relationship with multi-national research labs
- Submit proposals to federal funding agencies.
The research institute works in a proactive manner to lay a foundation for work in a particular area and based on this foundational work, submits concrete proposals to corporate R&D labs and government funding agencies. The research institute is keen to offer applied research and development services and explicitly demonstrate the value added.
The Research Institute focuses on four domains.
- Domain of Education: Study, research, and develop tools and techniques to address the needs of a university, faculty members, students, and prospective students
- Domain of Wireless Healthcare: Study and propose solutions in the area of Telemedicine
- Domain of Multimedia: Study of comprehensive and supportive audio, video, and text processing
- Domain of Next Generation Networks: Study of next generation of networks and next generation services.
For B.Tech Program:
The admission will be purely on the basis of the performance in the SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) conducted by SRM University
The candidates short-listed based on their performance in the entrance examination will be called for the counseling to be held at the SRM University premises in Kattankulathur 603 203, Chennai
For B. Arch. Program
- Admission to B.Arch. program will be based on the aggregate of marks secured in the qualifying examination & NATA score
- The meritorious candidate list will be drawn giving 50% weightage to aggregate of marks secured in Engish and Maths & 50% weightage to NATA score
- Based on the ranking, admissions will be offered to the candidate.
- Admission to various programs in Health Sciences will be on the basis of the performance in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates short-listed based on their merit will be called for the counseling to be held at the SRM University premises in Kattankulathur – 603 203, Chennai.
SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) for B.Tech is common for SRM Group of Universities viz., SRM University
Application Applying to SRM is simple with following options:
OPTION 1: Apply online with e-payment.
OPTION 2: Fill the OMR form and send to us by safe means.
OPTION 3: Apply online using unique voucher code and relevant instructions
SRM University Vadapalani Campus Entrance Exam 2019:
About The Exam:
SRM University has released SRMJEEE application form 2018 on November 1, 2019 in online mode. Aspiring candidates must start filling the application and submit it on or before March 31, 2019 which is the last date for application filling and submission. Earlier, the university had announced important dates of SRMJEEE 2019. The entrance examination of SRMJEEE 2019 will be conducted by SRM University in from Apri 16 to April 30, 2019. All admissions into the 7,000 undergraduate engineering seats offered by the four campuses of SRMJEEE 2019 will be done on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam..
What’s new in SRMJEEE 2019?
- Eligibility criteria of SRM Ghaziabad (NCR) campus have reduced the aggregate 50% in PCM for 2019 whereas last year the eligibility criteria in the qualifying exam for the campus was 55%.
- The application fees of SRMJEEE 2019 has been raised to Rs. 1100
- Aadhaar Card has to be scanned and uploaded by the candidates
SRMJEEE Important Dates 2019
|Application Form of SRMJEEE 2019 starts||October 27, 2018 (Started)|
|Online Application Form deadline||March 31, 2019|
|Last date for receipt of OMR application||March 1, 2019|
|Availability of mock test||January 30, 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Offline Application Form (For Remote States)||First week of March, 2019|
|Application Correction Window||April 5 to 10, 2019|
|SRMJEEE 2019 Slot Booking||April 6, 2019|
|SRMJEEE 2019 Hall Ticket||April 6, 2019|
|SRMJEEE 2019 Exam||April 15 to 25, 2019|
|Result of SRMJEEE 2019||April 28, 2019|
|Counselling of SRMJEEE 2019 – Phase I (offline)||First week of May to Third week of May 2019|
|Counselling of SRMJEEE 2019 – Phase II (online)||Third week of May 2019|
|Commencement of Academic Session||Third week of July 2019|
Some important SRMJEE eligibility criteria for the engineering course given below: SRMJEEE Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Nationality: Indian, NRI and PIO & OCI card holder issued by the government of India are eligible to apply.
- Age: For UG courses, DOB should fall between 1st July 1997 and 1st July 2002 and for PG courses, DOB should fall between 1st July 1993 and 1st July 1998.
SRMJEEE Application Form 2019
SRMJEEE 2019 application form is now available in online mode from November 1, 2018. All candidates who wish to pursue their B.Tech studies in SRM University have to fill the application form with the required information and submit it before March 31, 2019. All details provided in the SRMJEEE 2019 application form have to be valid. The candidates must follow the given five steps to fill the application form of SRMJEEE 2019:
Step 1 – Registration
Step 2 – Login
Step 3 – Filling the application form
Step 4 – Uploading Scanned Documents
Step 5 – Payment of Application Fees
Step 1 – Registration: Firstly, the candidates have to register themselves to fill the application form. Name, date of birth, email ID and the phone number of the candidates have to be entered during the registration process. The user ID and password will be sent to the registered email ID of the candidates.
Step 2 – Login: Using the received user ID and password, the candidates have to log into their accounts to fill and submit the SRMJEEE 2019 application form.
Step 3 – Filling the application form: After successfully logging into their accounts, the candidates have to fill the application form of SRMJEEE 2019. Personal, academic and contact information have to be submitted in the application form. All details have to be corresponding to the documents possessed by the candidates.
Step 4 – Uploading Scanned Documents: The photograph and signature of the candidates as per the required specifications have to be uploaded. The candidates will not be able to proceed further without uploading the documents required.
Step 5 – Payment of Application Fees: The candidates have to pay the application fees after uploading the documents. The payment can be done through e-payment or unique voucher code. After payment, the candidates will have to download and print out the filled in SRMJEEE 2019 application form.
Application Fees of SRMJEEE 2019: Rs. 1,100
SRMJEEE Exam Centres 2019
The exam centres of SRMJEEE 2019 are the venue where the entrance examination will be held. The candidates will be able to select their three preferred examination centres while filling the online application form of SRMJEEE 2019. The examination will also be held in 5 international cities. The candidates will be able to choose their preferred venue from the 116 test centres available across 29 states of India. Once the examination centre is selected, it cannot be changed under any circumstances.
SRMJEEE Exam Pattern 2019
- Mode: Entrance examination will be held only through online mode.
- Language: Question paper will be published in English language.
- Negative marking: There will be no provision for negative marking.
- Duration: The total time provided for the whole exam is 2:30 hours.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology.
- Question Type: Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be given to candidates for correct answer.
Subjects Number of Questions Marks/Question Marks Part 1 – Physics 35 3 105 Part 2 – Chemistry 35 3 105 Part 3 – Mathematics 35 3 105 Part 4 – Biology 50 2.1 Total Marks 315
SRMJEEE Syllabus 2019
The syllabus of SRMJEEE 2019 will consist of all the subjects and topics that the candidate will have to prepare for the entrance examination. The candidates are advised to refer to the SRMJEEE 2019 syllabus to know where the questions for the examination will originate from. The preparation of the candidates can also be boosted with the help of the syllabus. By checking the subject wise syllabus of SRMJEEE 2019, the candidates will be able to prepare well of the entrance examination.
SRMJEEE Slot Booking 2019
All registered candidates can book their slots for the examination from the third week of March 2019. It is mandatory for all candidates to book their preferred slots within the specified time otherwise the hall ticket will not be generated and the candidates will not be allowed to attempt the examination. SRMJEEE 2019 slot booking will be done in online mode where the candidates will be able to select their preferred slot among the multiple slots available for various days. Slot allotment will be done on the basis of first-come-first-serve. After successfully booking their slots, the candidates will be able to download their hall ticket
Steps for SRMJEEE 2019 Slot Booking
- The candidates will have to login using their email ID and password.
- Slot booking process has to be completed.
- The candidates will have to select their preferred examination slot.
- After booking their slots, the candidates will have to download the hall ticket.
- Print out of the downloaded hall ticket has to be taken.
SRMJEEE Result 2019
The result of SRMJEEE 2019 will be announced on May 3, 2019 in online mode. The All India Rank of the candidates along with their obtained scores will be present in the SRMJEEE 2019 result. The candidates will not be allowed to challenge the released result of SRMJEEE 2019 as it will be checked and scrutinized with a lot of attention. The result will also be sent to the registration email ID and mobile number of the candidates. Merit list will also be published by the authorities where the candidates will be ranked according to their merit.
Steps to Check SRMJEEE 2019 Result
- The candidates will have to submit their SRMJEEE 2019 application number, applied programme for and date of birth.
- After submitting the above details, the result of SRMJEEE 2019 will be displayed on the screen along with the All India Ranks.
- The result has to be downloaded and printed out for future use.
SRMJEEE Cutoff 2019
The minimum marks required to be eligible for allotment into SRM University will be available in the cutoff of SRMJEEE 2019. The concerned authorities will determine the SRMJEEE 2019 cutoff after considering a variety of factors related to the entrance examination. The prepared cutoff will act as a screening procedure for admissions into the institute. Those candidates who meet the determined cutoff will likely be allotted seats into the four campuses of SRM University. The cutoff will be different as per the category and course selected by the candidates.
SRMJEEE Counselling 2019
The first round of SRMJEEE 2019 counselling will be held in offline mode tentatively from the second week of May to the third week of May 2019. All of those candidates whose names are listed in the merit list will have to download their counselling letter and report at the SRM University campus as per the allotted timings. During counselling, the original documents will be verified by the authorities. The candidates will be allotted according to their ranking, category and preferred options. The allotted candidates will have to confirm their admission by reporting at their allotted institute to pay the tuition fees.
The second round of counselling will be held in online mode and the candidates will have to register themselves and select their options online. The allotment result will also be released online for the second round.
No.1, Jawaharlal Nehru Road,
(100 feet Road, Near Vadapalani Signal),
Chennai – 600 026.
Phone: +91-44-4396 9966, +91-44-4396 9967