Thiagarajar College Of Engineering Admission 2020
Established Year: 1957
Thiagarajar College of Engineering (TCE) is an Govt aided autonomous institution located in Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. It is one of several educational and philanthropic institutions founded by philanthropist and industrialist Karumuttu Thiagarajan Chettiar. TCE was established in 1957. The courses offered in TCE are approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi. TCE was granted Autonomy in the year 1987. The institution offers the Master’s in Industrial Engineering among others.
- Online Databases
- Printed Journal
- Reading space
- Digital Library
- To provide good residential facilities and calm & clean environment.
- To provide nourishing and nutritious food.
- To embed the highest human values, team spirit and the art of leadership to the students and enables them to become competent women of tomorrow.
- The A block (Tholkaapiar Illam) has 30 rooms in it. It has a total capacity of 115 students.
- The B block (Valluvar Illam) has 34 rooms in it. It has a capacity of 170 students.
- The C block (Nakkirar Illam) has 58 rooms in it. It has a total capacity of 232 students.
- The D block (Elango Illam) has 120 rooms in it. It has a total capacity of 240 students.
|Hostel Name||No. of Rooms||Capacity|
|Annex At Thirunagar||40||125|
TCE library supports the institute’s program of study and research. Institute Archives, offer access to a wide range of materials, both printed and electronic. The collection includes
- More than 75000 Books.
- 500 plus On-line Journal subscriptions
- 144 Printed Journals & Magazines
The library seeks to create and manage an environment that supports learning and research, and fosters a sense of community at TCE. In pursuit of these goals, the library expects users to follow the rules.
NAAC Grade: A
Thiagarajar College Of Engineering Admissions 2020
- Electrical and ElectronicsEngineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer ScienceEngineering
- Electronics andCommunication Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Thiagarajar College Of Engineering Admissions 2017
Why Join Thiagarajar College of Engineering:
Thiagarajar College of Engineering(TCE), Madurai, an ISO 9001:2008 certified Institution affiliated to Anna University is one among the several educational and philanthropic institutions founded by Philanthropist and Industrialist Late. Shri. Karumuttu Thiagarajan Chettiar. It was established in the year 1957.
TCE is funded by Central & State Governments and Management. The courses offered in TCE are approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi. It was granted Autonomy in the year 1987. TCE has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation. TCE offers Eight Undergraduate Programmes, Thirteen Postgraduate Programmes and Doctoral Programmes in Engineering, Science and Architecture.
- Academic excellence in Science, Engineering and Technology through dedication to duty, commitment to research, innovation in learning and faith in human values.
- Enable the students to develop into outstanding professionals with high ethical standards capable of creating, developing and managing global engineering enterprises.
- Fulfill expectations of the society and industry by equipping students with state of art technology resources for developing sustainable solutions.
- Achieve these through team efforts making Thiagarajar College of Engineering the socially diligent trend setter in technical education.
Placements at Thiagarajar College of Engineering(TCE) have always been excellent. Be it Engineering or Arts and Sciences, students who are eligible and opt for placements have more than one job offer, on an average. Exercising their dream option, some of them have up to three job offers by the end of their course.
- Some highlights of the placements have been:
- Year 2015-2016 : No. of Students Placed :1590
- Year 2014-2015: No. of Students Placed :784
- Year 2013-2014: No. of Students Placed :627
- Year 2012-2013: No. of Students Placed :764
- Year 2011-2012: No. of Students Placed :1150
Mode of Admission
|Exam Name||Type||Level of Exam|
|TNEA||U.G||State Level Exam/Admission|
|GATE||P.G||National Level Exam/Admission|
|TANCET||P.G||State Level Exam/Admission|
Thiagarajar College of Engineering Entrance Exam
About the Exam:
TNEA Important Dates 2020
The important dates of TNEA 2020 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2020 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2020
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2020|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Fourth week of May, 2020|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2020|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||First week of June, 2020|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Third week of June, 2020|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of July, 2020|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2020. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Age Limit: Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2020 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2020
The application form of TNEA 2020 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2020, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2020, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2020 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2020
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2020 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2020
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2020 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2020 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2020, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2020 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2020)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2020
The TNEA 2020 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2020 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2020, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2020 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2020 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2020
The counselling of TNEA 2020 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2020 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2020 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2020
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2020 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2020 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
Thiagarajar College of Engineering(TCE)
GST Road, Thiruparankundram,
Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625015
Phone: 0452 248 2987
College Fax : +91 452 2483427
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org