Valliammai Engineering College
Established Year: 1999
Valliammai Engineering college was established on September 9, 1999 and presently conducts 7 Under graduate courses and 8 Post graduate courses. The college has highly qualified, dynamic and dedicated renowned faculty both from academic and industrial background. Besides, the students bring laurels to the college by securing university ranks.
It is situated in an extent of 13.5 acres and is by the side of NH 45, between Tambaram and Chengalpattu. The serene atmosphere with the surrounding greenery is conductive to the pursuit of higher studies.
The college functions from a multi – storey building complex of 59,000 square metres to accommodate the demands of ever increasing number of students.
The Valliammai Engineering College is a part of the SRM Group of Educational Institutions, sponsored by the Valliammai Society. The Valliammai Society was founded by Dr.T.R.Paarivendhar , a well-known educationist, in the name of his mother Tmt. R.Valliammai, under whose care and guidance he attained greater heights in his personal development and whose ideals continue to inspire him.
- Medical Facilities
There are two separate hostels for boys and girls students accommodating about 1200 students. All the hostels have necessary infrastructure and modern kitchen. The inmates are provided with a cot, a chair and a table.
VEC Library is a paradise for those who have a passion for reading Books and enthusiasm for widening their knowledge base in depth and extent. It has a fully equipped spacious library in an area of 2700 Sq.m is spread over 2 storeys and is housed in the New Block. The college has also subscribed for 315 journals and magazine periodicals including IEEE online journal, to give an exposure to our students to the latest technology. The college has a very good separate reference section, two reading halls, a reprographic section and a CD section to cater to the needs of the students and faculty.
The Strength of Library and Services provided in the Library include:
• Fully computerized working Systems.
• 15,847 Titles and 48,902 Volumes (availability exceeds AICTE Guidelines).
• 12,541 Indian/ Foreign Journals / Magazines / Online Journals from IEEE and ASME.
B.E in Medical Electronics, 4 Years
B.E in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
B.E in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
Students Admitted through MGMT. QUOTA:
Students Admitted through GOVT. QUOTA:
|Book Fees –||Rs. 12,000/-||• Book Fees –||Rs. 12,000/-|
|Other Fees# –||Rs. 25,000 + Rs. 25,000||• Other Fees# –||Rs. 25,000/-|
|Note: # – For more details, please contact the Admission Office.
Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of VALLIAMMAI SOCIETY payable at Chennai.
Hostel Admission (Optional)
Hostel fee per year is Rs. 99,500/-. For hostel admission please bring the following DD.
1. Rs. 44,500/- DD drawn in favour of VALLIAMMAI SOCIETY payable at Chennai
2. Rs. 55,000/- DD drawn in favour of THE ROYAL CAFE payable at Chenna
Transport Facility (Optional)
- Rs. 50,000/- DD drawn in favour of VALLIAMMAI SOCIETY payable at Chennai.
- 2 Nos. – Stamp size Color photographs
Note: Fees once paid will not be refunded at any cost.
Cash will not be accepted under any circumstances.
For further Details / Queries please contact : 044-27456703 Mobile: 9940036042, 9940036043
Why Join Chennai Institute of Technology:
- AICTE approved
- Faculty including Ph.D holders with rich experience from leading organizations and universities
- Organizes various national and international conferences, seminars, workshops, colloquia, contests, training programs, etc.
- Training & Placements
- UGC Granted Autonomous Status from AY 2019-20.
- ISO Certified 9001:2015
- Accredited by NAAC with highest “A” Grade.
- Rated ‘AA’ by IIT Madras for NPTEL Local Chapters across India.
- Accredited by TCS, CSI & National Cyber Safety & Security Standards.
- 2(f) & 12(B) Status by UGC, New Delhi.
The Dept of Placement and Career Guidance works with much gusto in seeking and sequencing campus interviews for the students. The department caters to hone the students’ communication & interview skills. The department has adroit staff members that have good affinity with the students.
Each campus interview creates a ripple effect on the growth of placement.
It is to be mentioned that it is a unique system of SRM Group, a training division functions separately which concentrates on training the students according to the demand of corporates, which is not included in the regular syllabus. Students are prepared & trained through out the year by the training department. Students also undergo special training before each company comes in for recruitment.
- L&T Infotech
- ICICI Prudential
Valliammai Engineering College offers full-time B.E / B.Tech degree programs under 8 disciplines. Candidates applying for B.E / B.Tech programs should have cleared 10+2 in science stream. Admission to any of the undergraduate programs offered by the institute is subject to merit and rank secured by the candidate in Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) 2020.
Valliammai Engineering College, Admission 2020
About the Exam:
Candidates applying for B.E / B.Tech programs should have cleared 10+2 in science stream. Admission to any of the undergraduate programs offered by the institute is subject to merit and rank secured by the candidate in Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) 2020. Candidates seeking admission to B.E / B.Tech can apply for TNEA 2020 through both online and offline mode. Payment of the requisite fees can be paid online or via demand draft. The admission procedure remains same for all UG courses offered by Pandian Saraswathi Yadav Engineering College.
TNEA 2020 Dates
Although Anna University does not conduct any admission test for TNEA, candidates must know all the important dates related to TNEA. The important dates for TNEA 2020 are listed in the table below:
|Announcement of official notification||Third week of April 2020|
|Availability of online application form||First week of May 2020|
|Last date of submitting the application form||Fourth week of May 2020|
|Random Number Generation||First week of June 2020|
|Publication date of merit/rank list||Third week of June 2020|
|Counselling for Differently Abled Candidates||Third week of June 2020|
|Online Counselling for Academic Stream||First week of July 2020|
|End Date of Counselling||Fourth week of July 2020|
TNEA Application Form 2020
All the aspirants must read the information brochure carefully before filling the online application form of TNEA 2020 to get details about how to apply, application fee & payment mode. The details regarding TNEA application form are given below:
- Visit the official website for TNEA.
- Click on the “Online Registration” link.
- Candidates need to register themselves by creating a login ID and password through OTP verification. Candidates must ensure that the email ID and mobile number they are submitting are active and valid so that the university can communicate them.
- After successful registration, candidates can log in easily with their username and password.
- Candidates have to fill the personal details that are asked in the application form.
- Similarly, fill the academic details in the application form.
- After filling the application form online, candidates must verify all the details given by them in the form by using the preview button.
- Candidates must take a printout of the filled application form.
Application fee of TNEA 2020 will depend upon the gender of candidate, category and exam mode. Candidates can check the application fee from the below table:
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26.5|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities (MBC and DNC)||20|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1|
TNEA Application Form
- If candidates choose the online mode to pay the fee, they will have to pay INR 500 (general category) and INR 250 (reserved category). Also Check TNEA 2020 Reservation
- Candidates can make the payment through credit card/debit card/net banking.
- TNEA is conducted for candidates willing to pursue an engineering degree from the institutes of Tamil Nadu.
- Anna University, Chennai is the organizing body of TNEA 2020.
The eligibility criteria for appearing TNEA Main 2020 is given below:
- The minimum age of the candidates should be 18 years.The maximum age of applicants should be 25 years.
- As per the rules of Anna University, age relaxation provision is present for the reserved category.
Candidates who satisfy all the eligibility conditions must proceed to fill the application form. It is essential for candidates to know all the eligibility conditions before applying for TNEA 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: It is must for the candidates to pass the 12th examination.
- Subjects: The qualifying examination must be passed/appearing with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Minimum Marks: 10+2 in science stream with 50% average marks in PCM.
TNEA 2020 Exam Pattern
The admission pattern for TNEA 2020 is very simple. The steps are listed below:
- Interested and eligible candidates need to register themselves and submit their application form.
- The university itself scrutinizes the application forms.
- The university publishes a merit/rank list after studying all the application forms.
- Selected candidates are called for counselling by the university. They need to download their counselling call letter from the official website for TNEA 2020.
- Through single window counselling, candidates are offered admission to the various engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Candidates who score well in their XII board examination have higher chances of getting admission in a right college through TNEA 2020.
Valliammai Engineering College
SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur – 603 203,
Phone: 044 – 27454784 / 726, 27451498
FAX : 044 – 27451504.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: http://www.srmvalliammai.ac.in/