Velalar College of Engineering and Technology Admission 2020
Established Year: 2001
Velalar College of Engineering and Technology, located in Chennai. Velalar College of Engineering and Technology offers undergraduate, postgraduate programs in engineering and technology. To provide a wide range of Academic and Research Programmes and strive to develop a World Class Centre of Excellence for Learning.
College spread across 25 acres of a pleasant environment, our college is one among the best-known self-financing co-educational institution that aims to achieve excellence in engineering education, with a strong emphasis on the upliftment of rural students who have only limited avenues for higher education. The college has excellent infrastructure facilities including adequate classrooms and seminar halls for respective departments
- Central Facilities
- Campus Tour
- Physical Education
- Healthcare Services
- Bank with ATM facility
- Safety Measures
- Lift & Ramp
The College maintains its reputation for high standards of the hostels. The Gents hostel accommodates 250 students and the Ladies hostel accommodates 550 students. The hostels being home away from home are designed to be comfortable for studies and stay. Every students has to submit a separate application for admission to the hostel. The hostels are under the direct control of the Principal who it the Ex-officio warden. The Warden will be assisted by Deputy Wardens and hostel staff.
Rules and Regulations in the Hostel and Hear Some of them:-
- Discipline of the highest order is to be maintained in the Campus.
- Staying back in the hostel during college working hours without prior permission from the Warden/Principal will be viewed seriously.
- Day scholars are not permitted to enter the hostel without prior permission from the Warden
- Hostellers are not permitted to go out without the written permission from the warden.
- All hostellers have to be present in their rooms by 7.00 p.m.
- Students going home on working days should submit their leave application duly counter signed by the respective HODs & the principal.
- Usage of cell phones is prohibited in the Campus.
- Smoking, playing cards and use of intoxicating drinks/drugs inside the hostel are strictly prohibited.
- Students should make their own arrangements for the safety of their belongings. Valuable like jewellery, cash, laptops, mobiles etc., should not be kept unlocked. The authorities will not be liable for any losses in this regard.
- The hostellers should behave courteously with all the college staff as well as the hostel staff.
- Genuine grievances, if any, should be represented to the warden.
- Attendance will be taken daily at 8.15pm in Gents hostel and 7.30 pm in Ladies hostel.
- Water should not be wasted on any account.
- Hostellers will be held responsible for the damage of furniture, fittings etc., in their respective rooms.
- The College reserves the right to expel any student from the hostel without assigning any reason.
- Every second Sunday will be the visitor’s day & the visiting hours is from 10 am to 5 pm
- Dress code will be strictly followed. Girls are not supposed to wear short or tight dress.
- fully computerized bar-coded circulation services (Issue, Return and Renewal of books)
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) at the library for the search of books and other academic materials of the library such as CDs etc.,
- On-site use to Textbooks, Reference books Back volumes and Print / Online journals inside the library
- Reference services (Encyclopedia, Dictionary, Yearbooksks, Handbooks and Previous year Question papers)
- Online Full-text access to international Journals
- DELNET (Developing Library Network) service
- Reprography (Xerox, Scanning, Print-Out)
- CD & DVD access & writing
- Open Access System
- The bar-coded user entry system
- Interlibrary loan service
- CCTV surveillance system with 17 cameras
- Display of information regarding new arrivals
- Current Awareness Service
- Selective dissemination of information service
- Internet with Wi-Fi
B.E in Medical Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Computer Science and Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Biomedical Engineering, 4 Years
Why Velalar College of Engineering and Technology:
- NBA – AICTE Accredited.
- Faculty including Ph.D holders with rich experience from leading organizations and universities.
- Organizes various national and international conferences, seminars, workshops, colloquia, contests, training programs, etc.
- NAAC Accridited With ‘A’ Grade
- An AUTONOMOUS Institution
The college has a dynamic and well-established “Training and Placement Cell” headed by a Dean/Placement and assisted by two placement Officers along with one faculty co-coordinator from each department as well as student co-coordinators from each Department.
Placement is the main institutional activity to extends job opportunities to the students under proper guidance. The placement cell interacts with many organizations across the country for arranging campus interviews for the placement of final year students.
The training and placement cell arranges career guidance programs (CGP), soft skills programs, personality, development programs through external experts. Such programs are arranged for the students to develop their communication skills and to build their self-confidence. Also training in aptitude and in C, C++ language are arranged to improve their technical knowledge. Before the campus interviews, mock interviews are conducted to enhance the skills of the students and to motivate them in order to enable them to face the interviews successfully. The pre-final year students are also trained with the help of the expertise of final year students (already placed)
- Tech Mahindra
- Vinayaka Infotech
- L&T Infotech
- FSS Powering Payments
Velalar College of Engineering and Technology offers full-time B.E / B.Tech degree programs under 9 disciplines. Candidates applying for B.E / B.Tech programs should have cleared 10+2 in science stream. Admission to any of the undergraduate programs offered by the institute is subject to merit and rank secured by the candidate in Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) 2020.
Velalar College of Engineering and Technology, Admission 2020
About the Exam:
TNEA Important Dates 2020
The important dates of TNEA 2020 will include all the events related to the undergraduate engineering admission process and the dates corresponding to them. TNEA important dates 2020 will update candidates about events like tentatively ending of online registration apart from keep them up to date with the counselling schedule once it is available.
Important Dates of TNEA 2020
|1||Start of Online Registration||First week of May, 2020|
|2||Deadline for completing Online Registration||Fourth week of May, 2020|
|3||Last date to submit filled-in Online Applications||First week of June, 2020|
|4||Assigning of Random Number||First week of June, 2020|
|5||Declaration of Rank List||Third week of June, 2020|
|6||Counselling starts||Last week of July, 2020|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University to be considered for admission to any of the participating institutes of TNEA 2020. The list of criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu (TN) who have passed VIII-XII in the state can apply and needn’t enclose certificate of nativity.
- Candidates native to TN but who have passed VIII-XII in some other state must enclose nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Govenmnt Employees can also apply provided their parents have been working in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Age Limit: Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
TNEA 2020 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSc or equivalent exam.
TNEA Application Form 2020
The application form of TNEA 2020 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2020, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2020, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2020 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2020
Allotment of undergraduate engineering seats through TNEA 2020 will be done under seven categories. These seven categories and the percentage of seats reserved per category are outlined in the table below:
Reservation of Seats TNEA 2020
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
TNEA Rank List 2020 and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA 2020 will be available tentatively in the third week of June for those candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process. For preparing the rank or merit list of TNEA 2020, the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying examination would be considered. Also, rank list of TNEA 2020 would be prepared based on total marks of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100). In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit of the the candidates would be decided in a following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age of the candidate (the older candidate will be given prefernce)
- Random number assigned (higher number will be placed higher in merit list of TNEA 2020)
The common merit list would include the name and ranking of the shorlisted candidates. To check their random numbers, the candidate will have to log in using their registered email ID and password.
In case of Other State candidates, the 4th condition (age the candidate) will be the last condition for deciding inter-se merit. Also, the rank list will include the overall rank, region wise rank and community-wise rank of the candidate.
TNEA Cutoff 2020
The TNEA 2020 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be in eligible for seat allotment. The cutoff of TNEA 2020 would be available for the specific college, community code (SC, ST, OC, etc.), and branch. The check the TNEA cutoff 2020, the candidate will have to go to the cutoff portal and select the relevant fields. The candidate, typically, would be required to enter three mandatory – district, college name, and branch, and one non-mandatory field – community code. Candidates who score the cutoff of TNEA 2020 will have to counselling round. When preparing the cutoff of TNEA 2020 factors like the number of candidates applying for admisison, previous years’ cutoff trends, and marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exams will be taken into consideration.
TNEA Counselling 2020
The counselling of TNEA 2020 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2020 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2020 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2020
The allotment of seats for TNEA 2020 will conducted in the order of merit. Also, when allotting seats category-wise rank of the candidate will be considered for filling seats reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The choices entered by the candidate during counselling will also be taken into account. Once a candidate is allotted a seat, the candidate can go ahead and pay the remaining tuition fee.
For allocation of seats under other-state quota, the table showing the number of seats reserved for different regions will be followed.
TNEA 2020 seat allocation for other state candidates
|University/Institute||Region||Number of Seats|
|Anna University, Chennai-25||Northern||9||2|
If there are no applicant under Kashmiri Migrant quota, it will be reverted to Northern Region quota.
Velalar College of Engineering and Technology
Thindal, Erode – 638012
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: velalarengg.ac.in