VELS Institute of Science Technology & Advanced Studies Admissions 2020
Established Year: 2008
The VELS Institute of Science Technology & Advanced status was conferred to Vels Group of Institutions, by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. As a logical consequence of this, the founder Chairman Dr.Ishari K.Ganesh has become the President/Chancellor and now he leads the implementation of strategic plan that aims to shape the institute’s future growth. He visualizes an University which will be globally more competitive and internationally recognized institution.
The University is governed by Governing Board or otherwise known as Board of Management and this is the highest statutory body of this University. The members of this Board is drawn from various agencies. The Board has members representing University Grants Commission, Govt. of India, Industry, Eminent persons out side Academia, Senior Academic persons and senior officials of the University. The President/Chancellor is the Chairman of the Board and the board meets periodically to frame policies and programmes for the growth and improvement of VISTAS.
It is a pleasure to notice that VISTAS presents a cosmopolitan culture. Students from a wide variety of social, cultural and geographical backgrounds live and study together at VISTAS. The students are shaped and fine tuned as per the requirements of global industries. The environment-friendly Green campus is equipped with all facilities, where every need of both student and faculty have been provided for.
- Convenience Store
- Banking / ATM Facilities
- 29.13 acres of Land in Possession
- Computers & Laptops
- Internet facilities
- Smart Class Rooms
- Seminar Halls
There are separate hostels for men and women within the campus itself. The management fixes the room rent and establishment charges reasonably. Laundry facility is also available to the students on chargeable basis. A fully qualified Medical Attendant is available at the campus. Medical and hospital facilities are available at Pallavaram and the cost of the same would have to be met by the students. Mess and Canteen facility is available for the inmates at reasonable rates.
Sports & Games
The University has vast and well laid out tracks. Excellent facilities are offered for all the indoor and outdoor games. The students get excellent training by a qualified Physical Director and his team of assistants. The students are encouraged to participate in various inter collegiate competitions to exhibit their talents and win medals and trophies. Vel’s Sports Academy is functioning to promote sports and games.
B.E in Computer Science & Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electronics & Communication Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Automobile Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Biomedical Engineering, 4 Years
B.E in Mechatronics, 4 Years
B.Tech in Information Technology – with specialization in Mobile & Cloud Based Application (in association with IBM), 4 Years
B.Tech in Biotechnology, 4 Years
Why Join Vels Institute of Science, Technology & Advanced Studies (VISTAS):
Deemed to be University
- Highly qualified faculty with industry and academic experience
Accreditation NAAC A
Faculty including Ph.D holders with rich experience from leading organizations and universities
The Centre for Career Development (CCD) at Vels University not only functions as the working body to facilitate smooth working of the placement activities in the campus but also works to facilitate the training activities of the students and makes sure that they get placed in the best of both national and international companies that visit the campus for placements.
- Soft Skill
- Personality Development
- L&T Infotech
- ICICI Bank
- Aditya Birla Group
1. Selection of candidates will be based on the performance of candidates in the VEE, and their marks in the qualifying examination.
2. The last date for receipt of completed application form for admission, enclosed along with the entrance examination application kit, at the University office is the tenth day from the date of publication of the results of the qualifying examinations for UG Courses (Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Examinations) and 15 days after the publication of the results of under graduate course examinations for PG Courses. The dates will be published in National dailies.
3. Application forms will be received even after the stipulated last date. Such applications will be registered as “Late Applications” and will be considered only after all the applications received in time have been exhausted.
4. All the applications duly filled in along with Registration Fee should be sent either by Registered Post or can be handed over in person at the office of University and should be enclosed with:
a. Three Passport Size photographs of the applicant.
b. Two self addressed stamped (Rs.10/-) envelope along with photocopy of:
i. Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination or equivalent.
ii. Provisional Pass Certificate / Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination.
iii. Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate from the Institute last studied.
iv. Community Certificate.
v. Applicants who have passed from other Universities, should get Eligibility Certificate.
vi. Entrance examination mark sheet. c. Any other document / certificate required by this University / Commissioner of Technical Education / Govt. of Tamilnadu.
d. All communications should be addressed to Registrar of University indicating on the cover “Application for Admission to ________ course”
Foreign students must also submit (i) No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi. (ii) Eligibility Certificate from the respective University. (iii) Appropriate Student Visa.
5. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
6. Interview Cards will be sent to those applicants who have registered and are provisionally selected. Failure to attend the interview on the specified date will result in the cancellation of the provisional selection.
7. Admission for all the courses is based on merit and personal interview by the selection committee of the Institution.
8. The selected candidates should report to the Directors of Schools / Heads of the Department on the specified date and time with all the original certificates.
9. Candidate and his / her parent / guardian should submit a declaration in the prescribed form at the time of admission.
10. The original certificates submitted at the time of admission will be returned only after the completion of the course as per current University / Government guide lines.
11. Candidates are advised to take enough number of photocopies of mark sheets and other Certificates before submitting them to the University at the time of admission.
12. After admission, if any student wishes to discontinue the course, he / she shall pay the entire fee payable for the complete course of study, before being relieved from the University.
13. Fee once paid by the student will not be refunded under any circumstance.
14. The admitted students should obey the rules and regulations in force, and the University reserves the right to dismiss a student in case of disobedience.
15. The Institution is not responsible for any accident to the students due to careless handling of equipment / chemicals.
16. All the students are covered under Accident Cover Insurance.
17. Candidate who have passed any qualifying exams other than the Higher Secondary course examination conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu, should obtain an Eligibility certificate from the Vel’ s University by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form. (For UG Degree)
VELS Institute of Science Technology & Advanced Studies Entrance Examination (VEE) 2020
About the Exam:
VELS Entrance Examination (VEE) is a qualifying entrance exam for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered by VELS University Chennai. The exam is conducted by VELS University Chennai. VEE 2020 will be held on May 13, 2020 in offline mode. Those candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can appear for the exam.
How to Apply
Application form and Prospectus can be obtained in any of the following manner:
1. Download Application Forms from the site
Download the application forms and Prospectus (PDF Files) and mail the filled in application form along with a Demand Draft for Rs.1,000/- favouring ‘Registrar, Vels University” payable at Chennai.
2. Applying Online Candidates can submit their application forms online. Payments can be made using any Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking.
3. Request for Application Forms by post, By sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with a D/D for Rs. 550/- favouring “Registrar, Vels University” payable at Chennai. A Demand Draft for Rs.500/- favouring ‘Registrar, Vels University” payable at Chennai should be enclosed along with the filled-in Entrance Examination Application Form and sent to the address mentioned below
4. Purchase of Application Form and Prospectus in person.
By remitting cash Rs.500/- at the Office of Vels University, Chennai. A Demand Draft for Rs.500/- favouring “Registrar, Vels University” payable at Chennai should be enclosed along with the filled-in Entrance Examination Application Form.
Chennai 600 117
All the applications duly filled in along with Fee should be sent either by Registered Post or can be handed over in person at the office of University.
Application Forms should be completely filled in all respects. Incomplete applications will be rejected. Selection will be made on the basis of the marks secured in the qualifying examination and the entrance examination conducted by this university on all-India level.
VEE 2020 Exam Dates
|Availability of Application Form||December 2019|
|Last date of Submission of Application Form||April 30, 2020|
|Download of Admit Card||April 2020|
|Date of Examination||May 13, 2020|
|Declaration of Rank List||3rd week of May 2020|
|Commencement of Counselling||3rd week of May 2020|
VEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates appearing for VEE 2020 will have to meet the following eligibility criteria prescribed by the authorities:
Age Limit: No age limit is specified by VELS University for any particular course.
- Engineering: A pass in 10 + 2 or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics (PCM). Candidates appearing for their Board Examination during March/April 2018 are also eligible to apply.
VEE 2020 Exam Pattern
- VEE 2020 entrance exam is an offline pen paper based test.
- Duration of 90 minutes for attempting 100 objective type questions is allotted.
- VEE 2020 exam is of 100 marks; each question carries 1 mark.
VEE 2020 exam highlights are as follows:
|Mode of VEE||Offline Pen Paper Based Test|
|Number of Questions||Total 100 questions|
|Duration of VEE||90 minutes|
|Medium of VEE||English|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each Right Answer|
|Negative Marking||Not Applicable|
VEE 2020 Syllabus for B.Tech:
Question will be of 10+2 standard and syllabus is based on study material of class 11th and 12th. Below mentioned topics will be covered in B. Tech Course
Vels Institute of Science, Technology & Advanced Studies (VISTAS)
P.V. Vaithiyalingam Road
Chennai – 600 117
Tamil Nadu, India.
For General Enquiry / Admission Helpline
Phone: + 91 – 44 – 2266 2500 / 2501 / 2502 / 2503
Admission Helpline: + 91 – 44 – 3362 4444
Fax: + 91 – 44 – 2266 2513
E – mail: email@example.com Website: www.velsuniv.ac.in