VIT University Admission 2020
Established Year: 1984
VIT University or VIT, formerly called Vellore Engineering College, is an Indian institute of higher education and a Deemed University under Section 3 of the UGC Act. Founded in 1984, as Vellore Engineering College, by G.Viswanathan, the institution offers 20 undergraduate, 34 postgraduate, four integrated and four research programs. It has campuses in Vellore and Chennai,Tamilnadu,India. Foundation stone for VIT Bhopal campus at Sehore, Madhya Pradesh.
The Central library spreads over to ground plus six floors with an area of 7770 sq.m. It is centrally air-conditioned, well-protected with fire alarm and CCTV surveillance. It has specialized collections of Books, Journals & other resources in Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Biotechnology, Humanities, Social Sciences and Management ranging from printed books, e-books, back volumes and CDs\DVDs. The Central Library subscribes to national and international journals in print and e-Journals. The library has a video conferencing facility and NPTEL video courses. Central Library is using LIBSYS software for Library automation and implemented RFID technology with self issue and return kiosk, WEB-OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue), and online renewal facility.
23 hostels are located in VIT campus. There are 17 Men’s Hostels, which accommodate 13000 students in single, double, Three, four bedded and six bedded rooms. A gym facility is also attached with a well maintained swimming pool. The 6 Women’s Hostels have room for 4300 students. Women students have access to gym facilities and a newly built swimming pool inside one of these hostel premises. Individual metering service for those who want A/C facilities is also provided. Optional washing services are provided in well maintained separate washing areas.
VIT University Admission, Eligibility, Application Process
Campus-wide computing and networking infrastructure design .Hosting the campus network operations centre and network services
Administration of computer labs
Conduct of IT Training programs
Technical support to all departments on IT enabled services
Maintenance of all hardware and software systems
Maintenance of learning resource facilities
NAAC Grade: A
B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Chemical Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech Fashion Technology
VIT UniversityAdmission 2020
Why Join VIT University:
- Ranked 10th among ‘Top 100 Engineering Institutes for Research and Teaching’ in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (MHRD) in 2016
• Placements provide with reputed companies
• Scholarship provide to meritorious and deserving students for M.Tech program
• AICTE approved
• International linkages, tie-ups and memorandum of understanding for joint research, collaborative programs, internships, etc
• Opportunity to participate in ‘Semester Abroad’ program amongst more than 60 foreign universities across Europe, US and Asia
• Research articles published by faculty in highly reputed national and international journals
• Faculty including Ph.D holders with rich experience from leading organizations and universities
• Organizes various national and international conferences, seminars, workshops, colloquia, contests, training programs, etc.
Placements at VIT University have always been excellent. Be it Engineering or Arts and Sciences, students who are eligible and opt for placements have more than one job offer, on an average. Exercising their dream option, some of them have up to three job offers by the end of their course.
Some highlights of the placements have been:
- Consistent, near-100% placements in the past for Engineering and above 75% for the others.
- Dream option available for placed students to go for higher packages and better job profiles.
- Highest packages consistently in double figures in lakhs p.a. for the last several years.
- Placement statistics for the year 2012-2013 are given below:
Here’s a quick glimpse of our top IT recruiters over the years
Accenture(1492), Cognizant(803) and Wipro(1308)* No. of Companies Visited: 80
Accenture(1688), Cognizant(1084) and Wipro(1162)* Maximum Salary (Lakhs / year): 2014-15
Accenture(1324), Cognizant(1911), Infosys(1452) & Wipro(1141)
At VIT University, companies vie with each other to be the early birds for hiring, thanks to the quality of students, past and present. Our alumni have created such a great impression in the minds of their employers through hard work, commitment and a rare sense of dedication to the profession that all our past recruiters come again and again to recruit, their off take increasing with each passing yea
ADMISSION & SELECTION PROCEDURE Admission is based on merit (marks/grades obtained in the qualifying examination-refer the Eligibility Norms) and availability of seats.
VIT University Entrance Exam
About the Exam:
VITEEE 2020 –The offline application form of VITEEE 2020 is now available at the various designated post offices and VIT campuses. Online applications have already started from September 27, 2019. The last date to submit both online and offline application form of VITEEE 2020 is February 29, 2020. Candidates can now fill and submit VITEEE 2020 application form to be registered for the entrance examination. The entrance exam will be held for admissions to the 20 B.Tech programmes offered at the VIT campuses located in Vellore, Chennai, Amaravati and Bhopal.
What’s New in VITEEE 2020?
- The fee for offline application form of VITEEE 2020 has been increased to Rs. 1200 (inclusive of GST) from Rs. 990 and VITEEE 2020 application fee for online application form has been increased to Rs. 1150 (inclusive of GST) from Rs. 970.
- VITEEE 2020 will be held in test centres across 124 cities in India and abroad. Last year, VITEEE was held in exam centres across 119 cities of India and abroad. Qatar has been added as new exam city outside India for 2019-20, along with Dubai, Kuwait and Muscat where the exam was held last year too.
- The offline application form of VITEEE 2020 is now available in the four VIT University campuses.
VITEEE Important Dates 2020
|1.||Release of the VITEEE Information Brochure||September 27, 2019|
|2.||Issue of VITEEE Application form 2020||September 27, 2019|
|6.||End date for Submission of VITEEE offline and online application form||February 29, 2020|
|7.||Slot booking for VITEEE 2018||March 2020 (Tentative)|
|8.||Downloading of the VITEEE 2020 Admit card||March 2020 (Tentative)|
|9.||Test Dates||13 Apr, 2020 – 19 Apr, 2020
Session I – 9 AM to 11:30 AM
Session II – 12:30 PM to 3 PM
Session III – 4 PM to 6:30 PM
|10,||VITEEE Result 2020||April 25, 2020 (Tentative)|
|11.||VITEEE Counselling 2018 – Round 1||Second week of May 2020 (Tentative)|
|12.||VITEEE Counselling 2018- Round 2||Third week of May 2020 (Tentative)|
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020
To appear for VITEEE 2020, candidates need to fulfil certain academic criteria, age criteria etc which have been summed up below. Candidates can go through the given VITEEE 2020 eligibility criteria before filling the application forms.
VITEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
· Non-Resident Indian
· Person of Indian Origin
· OCI Holder
|2.||Age||Born on or after July 1, 1996|
|3.||Qualifying Exam||· Candidates who are appearing or have passed the 10+2 higher secondary exam which is conducted by ISC, CBSE, any State board
· Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
· High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
· General Certificate Education (G C E) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
· NIOS candidates are also eligible to apply
|4.||Qualifying marks||· General Category- Candidates should have scored an aggregate of 60% in Maths, Physics and Chemistry in 10+2
· SC, ST, J&K, North Eastern states- Candidates should have scored an average 50% marks in Physics, Maths and Chemistry in 10+2 or its equivalent exam
VITEEE Application Form 2020
The application form of VITEEE 2020 is now available in online and offline mode. Candidates can check the procedure of filling the application form of VITEEE 2020 below.
What to keep ready before filling the VITEEE 2020 application form?
Candidates need to keep ready the scanned copies of the passport size photograph and signature which has to be uploaded in the space that is provided on the online VITEEE application form.
List of Documents with specifications
|1.||Passport size colour photograph||3.5 x 4.5 cm
10 kb-200 kb
|2.||Signature||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm
Online Application Form of VITEEE 2020 – Candidates can now register to fill the VITEEE application form of 2020 by entering their name, nationality, date of birth, e-mail address and mobile number. A password will be generated and candidates can log in and fill the other details in the application form. VITEEE 2020 online application fees have to be paid either through net banking, debit card, credit card. Candidates have to pay Rs. 1150 (inclusive of GST) for online VITEEE 2020 application form.
Offline application form of VITEEE 2020-
- Candidates can get the VITEEE application form in person form the Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal or Amaravati campus through a demand draft of Rs 1200 (inclusive of GST) in favour of “VIT University” payable at Vellore
- They can also get the VITEEE application form from the designated post offices by paying Rs 1200 in cash.
- Candidates must fill the OMR application form carefully and sent it in the envelope that is provided.
- They must affix a photograph as specified in the application form and sign at the designated place. The signature of the parent or guardian is also mandatory.
- The filled up VITEEE application should be sent either through registered post or speed post. Candidates will receive an SMS about the receipt of the application form of VITEEE.
VITEEE Exam Centres 2020
Candidates must choose the exam centre of their choice while filling in the application form. VITEEE 2020 will be held in exam centres in 124 cities across India. Outside India, VITEEE 2020 will be held in test centres across Dubai, Kuwait, Muscat and Qatar. Candidates, however, will have a choice to confirm their VITEEE 2020 exam centres while booking their slots for the test. Since the slot booking is in real-time, candidates have to check whether the exam centre for VITEEE 2020 is available or not. Candidates can select at least two test centres for VITEEE 2020 entrance exam while filling the application form.
VITEEE Slot Booking 2020
The slot booking for VITEEE 2020 will be opened tentatively in the third week of March 2020 where candidates will have to book a slot on the date and time of their convenience. VITEEE 2020 slot booking will be on a first come first serve basis and has to be completed before candidates can download their admit card. Slot booking of VITEEE 2020 is on a real-time basis.
Procedure for VITEEE Slot Booking 2020
- Candidates have to log in to be able to book their VITEEE 2020 test slots.
- After logging in they must choose the date as well as time in addition to the exam centre where they wish to appear for the test.
- Since the VITEEE 2020 slot booking is on a real-time basis, candidates will have a fixed time frame within which they can book a test slot of their convenience.
- While booking the slot of VITEEE 2020, candidates will be able to know the details and address of the exam centre where they wish to appear for the exam.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card only if they book the slot as the address and test slot details will be mentioned on the same.
- In case of non-booking of slot, the slot will be booked automatically by the University on the basis of the information provided in the application form.
VITEEE Admit Card 2020
Once the candidates have booked their slots, an electronic admit card of VITEEE 2020 will be generated. Candidates must take a printout of the same on A4 size only and carry it to the exam centre on the date of the exam. The VITEEE admit card 2020 will display the photograph of the student along with the admit card number, test centre details as well as the exam schedule. Candidates must check that all the information that is mentioned on the VITEEE admit card is correct. If there is any discrepancy, then it should be brought to the notice of the VIT University at the earliest VITEEE admit card will also be sent through e-mail to the candidates. Candidates must ensure that they carry with them the admit card on the day of the exam and it should be in good condition and not mutilated. A photocopy of the filled application form along with any one of the following identification proof also has to be brought along to the exam centre:
- School of College Photo ID Card
- 12th standard board exam hall ticket/admit card with photo
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
How to Prepare for VITEEE 2020 ?
Prior to preparation for VITEEE, it is imperative that candidates have a good knowledge of what to study, what questions to expect and practice as far as possible. This can be possible by checking and understanding the exam pattern, knowing the syllabus and practising with previous year question papers.
VITEEE Exam Pattern 2020
The exam pattern of VITEEE 2020 will allow candidates to know the type of question to expect, duration of the exam, marking scheme and more. Preparation for the exam can be built and honed with this knowledge.
- Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from the prescribed syllabus
- Candidates will also be tested in their grasp of English.
- The exam will be held in 2.30 hours
- Total number of questions asked will be 125
- There is no negative marking for the entrance test.
Number of Questions & Marking scheme of VITEEE 2020
|S. No||Sections||Total Number of questions||Marks per questions||Total Marks|
VITEEE Syllabus 2020
Candidates can prepare well for each of the sections like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English by going through the syllabus of VITEEE 2020 which will give details of the topics and sub-topics to be covered. Questions asked in the exam will be from the prescribed VITEEE syllabus which has been announced by the University. Candidates are advised to check the detailed syllabus before starting their preparation. The syllabus is segregate subject wise and topic wise. The VITEEE 2020 Syllabus primarily covers the 10+2 syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.Candidates are advised to match this up with their class XII syllabus so that they can combine and prepare themselves for both.
VITEEE Sample papers 2020
In order to practice well for the VITEEE 2020, sample papers have been made available for the aspiring candidates so that they can practise from them. The objective to provide the sample papers of VITEEE 2020 is to help the candidates understand the type of questions that are likely to be asked in VITEEE 2020. Candidates can also hone their time management skills as well as build an exam strategy to be used on the day of the exam.
VITEEE Answer Key 2020
The answer key of VITEEE 2020 will contain the correct responses to the questions asked in the exam. However, VIT University does not release the VITEEE 2020 Answer Key. In case the University decides to publish the answer key, it will be provided on our website. If the VITEEE 2020 answer key is provided by any coaching institute, then it will be also be made available for candidates to enable them to compare their answers and estimate their scores.
VITEEE Rank Predictor 2020
Candidates can know their probable rank with the help of the rank predictor tool of VITEEE 2020. They can just log in using their Careers360 or FB or Google accounts and enter their expected marks in the VITEEE 2020 exam. The VITEEE rank predictor tool will display their probable rank allowing candidates to now their chances of admissions.
VITEEE Cutoff 2020
The cutoff of VITEEE 2020 is the minimum qualifying marks which the candidate is required to score to be eligible for admission in the various B.Tech programmes that are being offered. However, the details of the cutoff scores are generally not announced by the university. Candidates can avail the VITEEE 2020 cutoff as soon as VIT University announces the same.
VITEEE Result 2020 & Rank List
The result of VITEEE 2020 will be declared tentatively on April 25, 2020 in the online mode. Candidates can check the VITEEE result by entering their application number and password. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in VITEEE 2020. The equating methodology propagated by the University will be adopted while preparing the VITEEE merit list. Candidates will be informed about the rank secured by them through an SMS.
VITEEE Counselling 2020
The counselling for VITEEE 2020 will take place in two phases for those candidates who have cleared the VITEEE 2020 exam. Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of the rank secured by them in the VITEEE entrance exam. It is imperative for the candidates to attend the counselling in person. Candidates will be informed about the counselling schedule through sms and email. The number of seats available for each branch at different participating institutes will be displayed at the counselling centre. Accordingly, candidates can make an appropriate choice. Failure of the candidates to attend the counselling on the allotted date and time will result in the cancellation of his candidature. Shortlisted candidates will be able to participate in counselling only after the verification of their documents. Candidates will have to bring with them the specified documents in original along with two sets of photocopies at the time of counselling. Payment of the part fees of Rs 50,000 has to be done by demand draft drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’payable at Vellore.
Near Katpadi Road, Vellore
Tamil Nadu 632014, India
Phone: 0416 224 3093
Fax: +91 44 3993 2555
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: http://www.vit.ac.in/